Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Reader's Antidote Best Books of 2015

Well, just because I haven't been blogging doesn't mean I haven't been reading! I read a lot less than last year, but that's because I've been reading a lot more and because of my job. But I couldn't stop myself from telling you all about my favorite books from this year.



  1. Oblivion (Nevermore #3) by Kelly Creagh: This was the first book I finished at the beginning of this year, and words cannot express how much I loved it. As soon as I got access to the advanced copy, I devoured it quickly. I was so happy with the ending, but I'm very sad to see this series come to an end, no matter how long I had to wait. If you haven't started this series, I highly recommend it.
  2. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven: I hadn't heard too much when I decided to read my review copy of this little book, but it was all good things. This book tore my heart apart, and was the epitomy of "It's better to have love and lost than never to have loved at all." It also helps that the author is a total sweetheart.
  3. The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence #1) by Jessica Sorensen: It's funny because I really don't remember much about this book (apparently March is too far away to remember), I just remember loving it. Here's what I wrote originally on my Goodreads pre-review: THIS BOOK WAS SO INTENSE! AND THAT CLIFFHANGER! I was so happy that they had a little sampler of the sequel in the back, because I just had to know! I definitely still want to read the sequel though. DANG! 
  4. Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke (Prisoner of Night and Fog #2) by Anne Blankman: I absolutely adored the first book in this series, and I couldn't wait to find out the fate of our two main characters. This book just ripped at me, and there were points I had to put it down because the feels were getting to me. Another highly-recommended series.
  5. Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira: It took me so long to pick up this book, but I figured since I'd finally read The Perks of Being a Wallflower, that I needed to read the book that Stephen Chbosky had so highly recommended. And like The Perks of Being a Wallflower, it really brought me back to being a teenager. 
  6. Made You Up by Francesca Zappia: Geez, this book surprised me! I'd gotten an advanced copy at a book festival, but I'd honestly chosen it because the cover looked so cool. But this book took me by surprise, not just by how much I loved it, but there was also a huge twist I did NOT see coming.
  7. Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens: Books with mental illnesses that manifest in a physical way are always interesting to me because I've never had that sort of problem. But get some awkward teens together, and it makes everything more relatable. Include a twist, and you have this wonderful book.
  8. Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson: The main reason I chose this book was because the play that was a big part of the book was Hamlet, which is my favorite play EVER. Needless to say, I loved everything about this book. I bought this book at a book festival, not sure if I'd ever read it, and I'm glad that I did.
  9. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon: I'd heard a lot of good things about this book, but sometimes that scares me away because I don't want to be underwhelmed. This book did not disappoint me!
  10. Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer: I'm so SO sad that this series is over, but it ended with such a bang! I read this as quickly as the 800-something pages allowed me to, and I loved every moment of it. I'm excited to read Meyer's next book (that is, after Stars Above come out!).

I'll be posting about the reading challenges I'm hosting for next year soon, so look for that as well. I wish I could've read more, but I did get a lot of writing done, and that matters a lot to me. I hope you had a great year in books as well, and let me know if any of these were your favorites as well!

1 comment:

  1. All the Bright Places is on my book club schedule for 2016 -- I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.