Saturday, April 11, 2015

What Does the Bookworm Say? ~ Authors I Most Want to Meet


This is a feature hosted by me, Kimbery from The Windy Pages, Thuy from Nite Lite Book Reviews, and Crystal from Books Unbound, where we discuss different bookish topics. This week we're telling you which authors we most want to meet.

Well, living in Southern California, we get a lot of authors out here. Actually, a lot of YA authors live out here, so they're always doing local events. What I'm trying to say is that most of authors I want to meet, I've already met, some multiple times. So I'm going to talk about some authors I want to meet (both alive and deceased, just to make it fun), and other authors that I've met but really want to meet again/in a smaller venue.

  • J.K. Rowling - The things I would do to meet this woman... and don't even get me started on what I would do to have a one-on-one with her! *swoon* She's the reason I started really reading.
  • William Shakespeare - Do I even need to explain? The man made up words we use today for goodness' sake!
  • Jane Austen - Another one that I feel like I don't need to explain. I would've loved to know about her life, and actually get a clear idea of what she looked like. Seriously.
  • Stephanie Meyer - I met Stephanie once, but it was very brief. While J.K.'s books got me to read more, Meyer got me to read more young adult. She made me realize that I could write something about being a teenager, and people would actually read it!
  • Cassandra Clare - This woman also got me into reading more young adult, as well as kick-starting my love for urban fantasies. I've met her a few times, but I'd love to have a one-on-one with her.
  • Rae Carson - We met very briefly when ALA was in Anaheim a few years ago, but it definitely wasn't enough. I love her Fire and Thorns series, and I think that series is what really got me into enjoying high fantasy.
  • Veronica Roth - I met Veronica for the first time right when Divergent had just come out. She ate some of my fries; we had a moment. But I haven't really gotten to talk to her since Divergent became such a sensation, so I'd really like the chance to get to speak with her again.
  • Kelly Creagh - I've never met Kelly and she doesn't really do events, and definitely no events out where I am. I just love how she took Poe's works and made it into this urban fantasy world. 
  • Maggie Stiefvater - Maggie just seems awesome! I've met her a couple times, but I think there's a whole lot more to her than she gives away at her events.
  • Suzanne Collins - I just want to know why Mockingjay!


What authors do you want to meet the most? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.