Friday, April 10, 2015

The Blogger is MIA + YAllwest is Nigh!

GUYS! I'm so sorry I've been Missing In Action for the last couple months. I've been focused on hopefully getting a full-time position at the company I'm working at now, plus my boyfriend got sick and had to go to the hospital (again!); needless to say, I've been a bit distracted. It's like I gave my blog a whole new look, and then thought: eh, that's good enough for now.

Do you like the new look? I know I do!

Okay, so I've already been to one book festival, which was the Ontario Teen Book Fest. It was amazing and fun and I loved every minute of it! The small festivals really are my favorite. They'll have the same amount of authors that I want to see, but 1/300th of the size and number of people for a festival like the LA Times Festival of Books. It makes it so intimate, and I love it. Also, this particular YA book fest provides Panera for lunch for no cost, and you just can't beat that!

BUT. This weekend is the first annual YALLWEST! And it's very exciting because, while I've met many of these authors before and I can't wait to see their pretty faces, there are going to be some new faces and I'm so excited to meet them. Check out the schedule for Saturday and Sunday (which are actually at different locations) here: http://www.yallwest.com/2015-schedule/. The website it being a little weird right now, but that might be because all the readers are trying to access it to plan for tomorrow. I'm actually most excited about the little side parties, like the one EpicReads is throwing, and the Fierce Reads morning coffee. Plus, you can't go wrong with food trucks. From the feedback I've seen, it looks like this is going to be a crazy event. And with the parking in Santa Monica... Well, I think they underestimated the amount of people that are going to be there. Especially since Veronica Roth is going to be there, and we all know how crazy readers get around authors with her kind of celebrity status.

Words cannot express how excited I am that SoCal is finally getting something that Texas has (YAllwest is a spinoff of YAllfest, which takes place somewhere in Texas annually). Seriously, Texas has all the biggest teen book fests, and I'm glad we finally get to have one that Texas can be jealous of. Its also lucky that it's in Santa Monica weather-wise, and not the middle of the desert. It is not fun standing in signing lines outside in the blistering heat.

I can't wait to see all of my author friends, and book friends. It's events like these that make me happy and proud to be a part of the young adult community. So, if you're in the area, or even sort of not in the area, please come by and say hi!

1 comment:

  1. Coffee time + food trucks = best event ever! Thanks for being my Yallwest buddy, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.