Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Book-Related Problems I Have

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week is about bookish problems, of which I'm sure we all have many. So let's get started!

  1. I don't have anyone close to me to talk to about books with. In an ideal world, my boyfriend and my best friends would be avid YA readers and bloggers. But the fact is that no one lives in an ideal world, and not many people that are within a short driving distance read what I read, or read at all.
  2. I need more bookshelves! I've stacked my books in front of other books, and it kind of sucks because I can't see the books behind them and a lot of books get lost in the chaos of my shelves.
  3. I can almost never decide what to read next. Sometimes, I'll even start a book, realize it's not what I'm in the mood for reading.
  4. On that note, I want to read all the books. Just all the books. It's a real problem.
  5. There's not enough time to read. I have work and I'm also taking that class, which takes a surprising amount of my time. I can't wait until I don't have to worry about anything school-related ever again.
  6. Writing reviews is not as easy as it used to be. I remember when I was only in school and I had a lot more time to read and write reviews, but that's just not how it is. I just need to buckle down for half an hour per review and pump out some reviews.
  7. It's hard to decide between reading review books and reading books for fun. It's a very hard balance to maintain, which is why I actually enjoy blog tours. They force me to read books I got for review. A lot of times, the books I get for review are ones that I would've bought for fun, but it's still hard for me 
  8. I have to force myself to keep the book and the movie/TV show adaptation separate. It's not as hard anymore since so many are coming out, and ever since Twilight, I've learned not to keep my hopes up.
  9. I can't decide if I want to start reading adult. I'm doing the read-a-long for Outlander, and while I like adult because I am an adult, it just doesn't feel as exciting as YA. And I know that I'll always read YA because I love writing YA.
  10. I try not to read medieval fantasies because I'm writing one. I know this seems kind of lame, but I don't want to mix. It's the same reason I don't want the show Vikings.


What are your top bookish problems? Let me know in the comments!


3 comments:

  1. Great list! I have a lot of these problems too. As sad as I am to admit, I have a hard time with adult too. Some I have really liked, but others leaving me feeling depressed. I never really thought about it, but I could totally see how you wouldn't want to read the genre you are writing! Here is my top ten list if you are interested: http://www.rexrobotreviews.com/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-book-related-problems-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list. I have some of the same issues too. All the Books!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have most of these problems, too, except that I do have some friends who are close by. I wish you lived a little closer. I read adult books when I want to. I mean really I just read whatever whenever I want to. If adult books don't interest you, that's OK. Read what you love and maybe one day you'll want to read adult. Either way, it's all good.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.