Monday, December 8, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2014


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week is all about authors that were new to us this year despite having a few (or in some cases, more than a few) books out in the world already. It was really interesting making this list; I got to read a few authors' books who I'd never gotten a chance to check out. This list is in no particular order.

  1. Kody Keplinger: I was just glad that I finally read The DUFF. I'd always wanted to, and once I saw the trailer for the movie, I had to know what happened.
  2. Sarah Rees Brennan: I tried to read her Demon's Lexicon series and it was a no-go, but her new series that recently ended is much better,
  3. Jana Oliver: I've had The Demon Trapper's Daughter on my shelf for so long, but I stopped reading urban fantasy. Recently, I've been missing the genre, so I picked this one up.
  4. James Dashner: I'll admit that I read The Maze Runner because the movie was coming out. And I'm really glad I did.
  5. Rachel Harris: I read her My Sweet Sixteenth Century trilogy all in a row. They were so fluffy and I'd heard so many good things about them and her.
  6. Morgan Matson: I finally read Second Chance Summer after it had been on my shelf for some time. Now I want to read her new one, Since You've Been Gone.
  7. Margaret Atwood: I know, I know. But thanks to a couple classes I took in my senior year at UCSB, I got to read Handmaid's Tale, and Oryx and Crake.
  8. Rainbow Rowell: I'm actually glad I read Eleanor and Park first. I made the mistake of reading The Fault in Our Stars before any other John Green. Fangirl was Rowell's best.
  9. Laurie Halse Anderson: Another one I definitely should've read by now. It's never been a high priority; serious books like hers aren't normally my thing.
  10. Mary E. Pearson: I have the first book in her first series, but I haven't read it. Not sure how good it'll be compared to the awesomeness that is Kiss of Deception.

What new authors did you read this year? Let me know in the comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.