Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Reader's Antidote Top Ten of YA: Series Beginnings and Endings + Standalones


Because of the reading challenges I host, I wanted to specifically list what series beginnings and endings I loved!


  1. Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3) by Veronica Rossi: Such a great conclusion to this dystopian series! I can't wait to see what else Rossi comes out with next.
  2. Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy #3) by Wendy Higgins: This is one of the greatest YA romances I've read, and I was so happy with how the two of them turned out.
  3. Sisters' Fate (Cahill Witch Chronicles #3) by Jessica Spotswood: After the way the second one ended, I couldn't wait to read this one, and, after everything that happened, I was very satisfied with the ending.
  4. These Broken Stars (Starbound #1) by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: This doesn't quite feel like the beginning of a series because I know that the second one is a companion to this one, not a sequel, but it was so good that it just had to count.
  5. Prisoner of Night and Fog (Prisoner of Night and Fog #1) by Anne Blankman: What a great beginning to a series! I don't know how the author is going to continue with this, but I just know it's going to be exciting!
  6. The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles #1) by Mary E. Pearson: I couldn't believe how good this book was, and with the way it left off, I know that the sequel is going to be just as exciting.
  7. Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly #3) by Susan Dennard: I didn't expect this book to make me feel so much, mostly because I didn't see the ending coming. I can't wait to read her next book!
  8. Venom (Secrets of the Eternal Rose #1) by Fiona Paul: I tried starting this once, but ended up picking up Clockwork Princess when that came out instead. But this one was rich in imagery, and I can't wait to see what happens with what's turning into a love triangle.
  9. The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy #1) by Sherry Thomas: This book was very unique, but somehow it all worked well together. And I just loved the relationships.
  10. Opposition (Lux #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout: While I expected it to be fantastic, it was still a perfect ending to this series.



There were also a lot of standalones that I enjoyed this year, so I wanted to list those out as well. For some reason, I've been really latching onto contemporary standalones recently. I couldn't quite make it to ten.

  1. The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg: This book totally snuck up and surprised me. I love the way the story unfolded.
  2. The Distance Between Us by Kasie West: I was really surprised that this author was writing a contemporary, but I very much enjoyed it.
  3. See Me by Wendy Higgins: This book was all fluff, but it really stressed me out at times because I wanted them to together and it wasn't happening!
  4. Looking for Alaska by John Green: I wish I'd read this book before TFiOS, because it was really good, but nothing will compare to TFiOS.
  5. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: I'm actually glad I read her debut first before this one, because this one was so much better. It also took place in college, which I could relate to more.
  6. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson: I LOVED her first book, and I feel like I've been waiting forever for her to write anything else. She didn't disappoint!
  7. The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder: I've always wanted to read this one, and finally bought it when I had it signed at the Vegas Valley Book Festival.
  8. Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick: While I didn't like the way it wrapped up (too neat!), I loved everything about the rest of this very suspenseful novel.



1 comment:

  1. So many books I need to read, like Fangirl and I'll Give You the Sun. A lot of series I need to read too; I'm just so bad at keeping up with them. I'm hoping to do a bit better with some series whose books have all finally come out in 2015, or who has most books released.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.