Friday, December 26, 2014

The Reader's Antidote Top Ten of YA: Authors


Today I'm paying an homage to the authors I've read this year. A lot of series ended this year, and I wanted to recognize those authors here. That's why I went over ten, but 7-11 are solely because they finished series this year.

  1. Richelle Mead: Richelle Mead is #1 here for a reason. She publishes novels every six months instead of every year and she's nearly done with her YA vampire spin-off series. She's also in the middle of an adult series. The final nail in the coffin (ha!) was that she had a movie come out this year that I LOVED! She's truly a star.
  2. Jennifer L. Armentrout: She also finished a series this year, and published many other novels of all different genres. I don't know how she does it, but she's pumping out books like Stephen King used to! 
  3. Cassandra Clare: Okay, so I didn't actually get to read her this year, but she finished her first series this year, has had to deal with what was going to happen to said series after the movie kind of tanked, and she started a new middle grade series. She also has more than one book coming out this new year.
  4. Rainbow Rowell: I hadn't read her until this year, and I was impressed by how many different genres she was able to publish books in: adult, new adult, young adult, and I think Eleanor and Park is more mature middle grade than YA.
  5. Kasie West: It's always nice to see an author that can write fun contemporaries as well as pretty serious paranormals, and write them well.
  6. John Green: Not sure why it took me so long to get to John Green on this list, but it's probably because it took me so long to read his books. I finally read Paper Towns and Looking For Alaska. He also had a movie come out... I think it was this year... Yeah, it was. And he's having Paper Towns being made into a movie as well!
  7. Veronica Rossi: Her series was consistently good, and I enjoyed every minute of every book. That's not an easy task!
  8. Wendy Higgins: I also loved every minute of this series. She created a gripping cast of characters, and I think that's why I enjoyed these books so much.
  9. Susan Dennard: This series was also consistently fantastic, and the last book completely broke my heart. I still don't understand why it had to happen, but I'm not mad like many of the people were with Veronica Roth.
  10. Jessica Spotswood: Another consistently-awesome series. The stakes just kept raising, but I'm glad at least some of the characters got their happy ending.
  11. Tahereh Mafi: I guess I'll just say kudos to Tahereh Mafi for finishing her series. She took a serious risk in doing what she did. Personally, I'm not happy with how it all turned out and I think she could've done it better.


What were your favorite authors from this year? Let me know in the comments!



1 comment:

  1. Richelle Mead has definitely won me over with her Bloodlines series. I can't remember the last time I was so addicted to books! I can't wait for the last one to come out next year. ^.^

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.