Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Reader's Antidote Top Ten of YA: Books I Wish I'd Read


I got to read a lot of great books this year, but there are also a lot of books that I never ended up getting to. That could actually change in the next few days since it's only the 24th, but I'll try to put books that I definitely won't be reading in the next few days.


  1. City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6) by Cassandra Clare: I never wanted this series to be more than the first three books, but I need to finish it now. When it came out, though, I was close to graduating, so I never picked it up, and then I went to Europe, so it's just been sitting there.
  2. Champion (Legend #3) and The Young Elites (The Young Elites #1) by Marie Lu: I feel terrible that I didn't read Champion this year, especially since I liked the second one a lot more than the first, and I want to get to the first book in her new series.
  3. Raging Star (Dust Lands Trilogy #3) by Moira Young: I LOVED the first book in this series, but the MC made some terrible decisions in the second book, so I've been putting this one off.
  4. Ruin and Rising (The Grisha #3) by Leigh Bardugo: There are times where I really enjoy this series and other times where I really don't care. I can appreciate this richness of the mythology, but sometimes I think the author gets too caught up in it. Besides, the MC really got on my nerves in the second book.
  5. The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave #1) by Rick Yancey: I've heard so many fantastic things about this book! I really need to start it.
  6. Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes #1) by Sara Raasch: This is a fantasy that came out sort of recently, but I've had an ARC for a while. I just haven't been into fantasies recently, mostly because of my own novel.
  7. Venom (Secrets of the Eternal Rose #1) by Fiona Paul: It took me a while to read the first book, but once I got into it, I couldn't put it down.
  8. Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White: I've heard really good things about this book. I've never really been blown away by her books, but this one has had some great feedback.
  9. Compulsion (The Heir of Watson Island #1) by Martina Boone: I honestly don't even know very much about this book, but I don't think I've read one bad review of it.
  10. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell: I especially want to read this now because I'm working in an office again, so I think it could really translate. I might just have to bring it to the next department book swab once I read it!



Are there any books you were dying to read but never got to this year? Let me know in the comments!


1 comment:

  1. You must read Raging Star! It is AWESOME!!! I know the second one wasn't the greatest but RS definitely makes up for it! Ruin and Rising is also amazing.These two book give great endings to their series!
    I really liked Illusions of Fate, it felt very different than my normal reads and there is a side character who I absolutely LOVE!
    I pretty much read most of the books I really wanted to this year but I do wish I had read Winterspell when I got it about a month ago from the library but I was in a massive reading slump at the time and had to return it but it should be coming in again soon. Just after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.