Well, there were some fantastic covers this year! There are also some gorgeous covers of books I didn't read, but these are the covers I loved the most from books that I read. Enjoy the pretties!
- The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg: I remember looking at the cover for the hardback, and thought it looked a little strange, but this cover in person is beyond gorgeous. I just love that locket and the frosted-ness of the branches. It also helps that the book was fantastic.
- Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tahereh Mafi: While I didn't really enjoy the book itself, I can't deny that these new covers for the Shatter Me Series are amazing. I like how they're sort of themed for the book, like this eye is sort of a rebirth, which is what multiple characters go through in this final book
- Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy #3) by Wendy Higgins: I just love Kai on this cover. The model they got so completely encompasses who I imagine Kai would look like. Obviously the dress on Anna is gorgeous too, but let's be real; it's always about Kai.
- Venom (Secrets of the Eternal Rose #1) by Fiona Paul: I finally got around to reading this book, and I really love this original cover. I would've loved to see what the rest of the books looked like with this theme of covers.
- Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly #3) by Susan Dennard: I'm so happy they never changed these covers, because this third and final book is just as gorgeous as the other two. This one broke my heart way more than the others though.
- These Broken Stars (Starbound #1) by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: I mean, what can I say? This was probably my favorite cover of the year. When I went to a signing where both of them were there, they had posters of the cover and it's hanging above my computer in my cubicle right now. The cover for the second one has some strange colors, but still gorgeous.
- Prisoner of Night and Fog (Prisoner of Night and Fog #1) by Anne Blankman: There's just something about this cover that drew me in. I think it's the girl's eyes; they hold so much in them, and seem so conflicted yet fierce, just like the character. Such a fantastic debut!
- The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles #1) by Mary E. Pearson: There's just so much awesome in this book, it makes sense that the cover is gorgeous as well. I especially love the background.
- Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick: The guy on the cover is pretty hot, and I love the snow at night. While I wasn't impressed by the ending, the cover definitely shows what the book felt like.
- The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy #1) by Sherry Thomas: I actually love the original cover (the one they had for the ARC) better than this new one, but this is still a really awesome cover.
YA covers are getting more and more gorgeous with each year, and I can't wait to compile the best of next year!
What are your favorite covers from this year? Let me know in the comments!