Well, after talking about all the different books that I enjoyed in different genres, here's the list I've come up with for my favorite books of the year! Amazingly, I don't have a very favorite book of the year, so this is in no particular order. I also ended up with 11... sorry I'm not sorry.
- The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles #1) by Mary E. Pearson: I mean, wow. Just wow. I'd heard great things about this book (especially that I would have no idea which guy was which, and I really didn't!). It's so unique in that sense, and I can't wait to read the sequel.
- The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg: This book really surprised me. I was really excited to see Lauren Oliver's blurb on the front because I loved Before I Fall, and this book really lived up to that. I even read it in one day!
- Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3) by Veronica Rossi: It's so hard to say goodbye to such a great cast of characters. This series was always so unique and really blew me away, but it was the relationships that truly brought this story together.
- Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy #3) by Wendy Higgins: Another fantastic cast of characters to say goodbye too. This series is a great paranormal romance, and with all the fantasies out there, it was nice to come home to an old friend.
- These Broken Stars (Starbound #1) by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: I'd heard great things about this book and even had a review copy of it, but I didn't sit down to read it until I went to a signing of theirs. And I'm so glad I did because it was everything I'd been hoping for.
- Be With Me (Wait For Me #2) by J. Lynn: I was so happy to hear that there were going to be more books in this series, especially since we got to see characters from the first book. It was almost just as good as the first book, and definitely hotter, which didn't seem possible.
- Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly #3) by Susan Dennard: This series also ended this year, and this book completely broke my heart... Some things seemed unnecessary, especially at the end, like there was NO reason for it happen, but other than that I loved this final installment! So sad not to be reading this story anymore.
- Prisoner of Night and Fog (Prisoner of Night and Fog #1) by Anne Blankman: There was a point in this book where I lost a bit of interest, but there were other parts where I just could not put it down. I hope the sequel is just as exciting.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: This was such an honest book, and I just loved it. Levi was one of my book boyfriends, but he's not perfect like many of the others were. It was his imperfectness that made him so likable.
- Sisters' Fate (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #3) by Jessica Spotswood: Another great ending to such an intriguing and heart-wrenching series. It in no way ended perfectly, but I was content with everything that happened.
- I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson: I have been waiting for I don't know how long for Jandy Nelson to come out with a new book, and I was so not disappointed! I loved every moment!
What are you favorite books of this year? Let me know in the comments!