Monday, December 1, 2014

A Post of Disappointments: Falling For Books Read-a-Thon Recap + NaNoFinMo Recap


Hi everyone! First thing on the agenda today is a recap of the Falling for Books Read-a-Thon I was "hosting" this long weekend. While I'm glad my friends read some of the books they've wanted, I didn't quite do as well as I wanted to. I read one whole book (The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger) and started another (The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder). But I had a good reason. I mentioned in an earlier post that my boyfriend went to the hospital for an infection in his body that made it so he hadn't even real food in a whole week and it wasn't getting better. So on Wednesday after I got off early from work, I drove down to see him in the hospital. While I technically would have had time to read, I wasn't really in the mood. There was a lot of hand-holding and watching him, so I didn't get the chance. Thursday, the day the read-a-thon started, was pretty much the same: I had early dinner with my parents and then drove to hospital again. He was better, but I definitely still wasn't in the mood for reading. Friday he was a lot better and they said he'd probably be out the next day. But since he was talking a lot more, I also didn't have time to read. Needless to say, I'm happy I finished one whole book, but the read-a-thon didn't go as planned. I'm definitely thinking of doing a read-a-thon while I'm on winter break near Christmas. We're all trying to reach our reading goals for the year, so hopefully nothing will be getting in the way of me actually participating in this read-a-thon.


The other thing I was supposed to finish this month was edits on my novel via NaNoFinMo. Well, that didn't happen. It barely didn't happen, but I still wasn't able to finish. I'm so proud that I finished a rough-rough draft of the entire manuscript. I started NaNoFinMo with under 65,000 words and bumped it up to over 80,000 words. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't finish quite on time, but within a couple days I'll be through it. Then I'm sending it out to friends and from there I'm going to start querying. I'm just trying to do one thing at a time; I want it to be the right story. Anyway, I'll keep you all updated on that :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.