Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Characters You Wish Would Get Their OWN Book


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

Today we're talking about the secondary characters in books that we wish could have their own book.

  1. Kenji from the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi: This one seems pretty obvious. For me, Kenji was the only thing keeping me from putting down Ignite Me, the final book in the series. The whole time, all I could think was TEAM KENJI any time Juliette or Warner of Adam pissed me off, and I want him to find a girl. I would totally wing-woman this guy! 
  2. Roar from the Under the Never Sky series by Veronica Rossi: I know Roar got his own novella, but I wanted way more than just some silly novella. It'd be interesting to see him and Perry and Perry's sister before Aria ever got there.
  3. Renesmee from Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer: Despite my utter hate for the name Renesmee and all things Jacob, I feel like if I could see him from her point of view, I might change my mind about the stupid mutt. Plus, I obviously want to see how Edward and Bella and the others are doing.
  4. Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling: While Luna was always a little quirky, she clearly had a troubled past. I think it would've been interesting to read at least parts of the series from her point of view.
  5. Isaac from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: I ALWAYS felt bad for Isaac. His best friend was falling in love while the girl he thought was the love of his life dumped after not being able to handle him getting eye surgery. Ridiculous. I would've loved to see the book through his eyes.
  6. Finnick from Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins: When I read this book, I remember being like, who is this character and when can we see more of him? Finnick stole every scene he was in, whether he was being snarky, flirty, or serious. It would've been cool to know about his past.
  7. Sturmhond from Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo: This is another character that totally stole the show. I was getting so tired of Alina and Mal and the Darkling that I welcomed the comic relief and cockiness of this fantastic privateer. I haven't read the third book yet, but I already know I want to know more about Sturmhond.
  8. Angela from The Lynbrun Legacy by Sarah Rees Brennan: I only recently started this series so that's why she's on my mind. I'm reading the second book now, but from the moment she stepped on the page, I wanted to know her. While she's lazier than I am, I feel like we're kindred spirits in that department. I'm guessing something happens with her and a particular female character, and I'd be interested in seeing her friendship with the MC.
  9. Dee from the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout: After what happened with Adam in the first book, I knew I wanted to see the series from her point of view as well as Katy's. And then when another boy came along, I wanted it even more. I hated seeing their interactions through Daemon's eyes when he was being all protective; I wanted to watch Dee have her happy ending too.
  10. Maura from The Cahill Witch Chronicles by Jessica Spotswood: There's something about reading a story from the villain's POV. I really want to see what was going through her head the whole time and how she poisoned herself to the point that she did what she did (sorry, no spoilers!).


Which secondary characters do you wish had their own book? Let me know in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.