Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Want To Reread


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

I feel like people believe we bloggers have no other lives except to read and write blog posts. Well, surprisingly, we do. It's very difficult to justify re-reading a book when there are so many other unread books on our shelves. But sometimes there's a single story that sticks with us that we are just dying to read about again despite knowing what happens in the end. I've done this on a few occasions, so I'll make my number one books that I've already re-read and have no problem reading again. And, yes, I went one over the limit.

  1. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, the Twilight Saga & The Host by Stephanie Meyer, the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, and the first three books of the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare: These books have their own magical quality about them, and I thank these series every day, as a couple made me want to be a reader, and a couple more made me want to be a writer.
  2. The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg: There's just something about this book where you want to read it as soon as you finish it and see what you might have missed because of the ending. It's not at all the book you think it's going to be, and that makes it so appealing to read again.
  3. Divergent by Veronica Roth (yes, just the first novel): I LOVED Divergent, especially the world-building and the slow romance between Tris and Four. I'd love to read that all again (although I might skip over all the deaths).
  4. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen: I read this one in my junior year of high school, but because I was so confused by the convoluted language, I skimmed a lot and watched the movie version with Keira Knightly to fill in the rest (which I think is a fantastic movie!). I'd love to sit down and fully read this novel.
  5. The Fire and Thorns series by Rae Carson: This is one of my very favorite high fantasy series, and I'd love to read it again. Oh, to see Hector from the beginning...
  6. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh: Despite its girth, I love the first book in this wildly Gothic tale made from the stuff of Poe's greatest horror stories. I just loved everything about this novel.
  7. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer: This series gets better and better with every book, but I'd love to go back and remember how it all started.
  8. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (yes, just the first novel): This novel was new and unique and beautiful and perfect. Mafi's prose is beyond anything I've ever read, and I'd love to read again about the blossoming of her and Adam's relationship. I don't include the other books because the prose isn't nearly as good, and I hate Warner.
  9. The Shade trilogy by Jeri Smith-Ready: This is also one of the first YA series I picked up that I fell in love with. I'd love to see Aura and Zachary fall in love all over again.
  10. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (yes, just the first novel): It felt like things got worse as the series went on and not in a good way. But the first book was so gripping and it was the first time I fell for a true fictional bad boy.
  11. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver: The character development in this novel is insane, and the main reason why I fell in love with Oliver's writing. Sadly, her other series did not meet my expectations, but I'd love to read this gorgeous debut over and over again. I almost did after finishing it in a day.

It was very interesting looking through the books I've read and deciding which ones I would re-read. There were some books that I loved, but they weren't ones I'd read again because there were literally too many feels. Some of those include Stolen by Lucy Christopher, Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, and The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis. They hurt too much, and I think I cried in every single one of these novels. Not that that's a criteria for not reading a novel again, but I'm not sure I can put myself through the feels from these novels again.


What books do you wish you could re-read? Let me know in the comments!



2 comments:

  1. Great top 10. Divergent, one of those I didn't have place for in my top 10. Maybe if I got a top 20? Lol.

    Mariska
    My top 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I'm always wanting to reread Austen (and I'm in the middle of P&P right now) but classics take me forever and I think that's sometime that holds me back from rereading; long/hard books.lol

    Here's my TT: http://betweenyabookends.blogspot.com/2014/11/top-ten-books-i-want-to-reread.html

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.