Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving everyone (and especially my US peeps!)! Mine is not so happy because my boyfriend is in the hospital with an infection that he's had for about a week and a half. He wasn't doing well, but as soon as he got the antibiotics, he seemed to be doing better and his temperature finally went under a hundred.

But before I head to the hospital today, I'm going to have dinner with my parents and great aunt. So let me list the things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving.
  1. My boyfriend: Seeing him, lying in the hospital being so sick, really puts things into perspective. He's the love of my life, and I can't wait until we have enough money to move in together and start our life together. For now, he just needs to get better.
  2. My parents: Obviously, they've always been there for me, especially my dad. They didn't push me out of the nest the moment I graduated (barring the one class I need), and they let me go into debt with them for my European vacation instead of getting into debt with the bank.
  3. My family: Every winter break, I go back to Michigan, and I cannot describe how much I love my family. I wish I could see them a lot more, but at least I have family that loves me and is there for me.
  4. My job: I just started this week at SAGE publishing, and I'm very thankful to have this job. Not only do I need the money, but the experience as well. If I had to choose a career besides writing, I think I might really like publishing. And living in NY wouldn't be so bad either.
  5. Books: I'm constantly thankful for books. Ever since I started reading, books have been a great escape from real life, even if real life isn't all that bad. I have no doubt that reading and books have inspired my own writing, and for that I am eternally indebted to all the authors I've read.
  6. My storytelling ability: Again, this is sort of thanks to reading, but I've been writing stories and poetry since elementary school. And I've never looked back. It's brought me so much joy, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Well, maybe not anything, but you get my point.
  7. Soccer: Without soccer I would literally get no exercise. Enough said.
  8. Food! This needs no explanation, especially today.


What are you thankful for? Let me know in the comments!


1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear Kyle is in the hospital. That sucks. I hope he feels better soon. And I love all your reasons. Esp food! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.