Happy Thanksgiving everyone (and especially my US peeps!)! Mine is not so happy because my boyfriend is in the hospital with an infection that he's had for about a week and a half. He wasn't doing well, but as soon as he got the antibiotics, he seemed to be doing better and his temperature finally went under a hundred.
But before I head to the hospital today, I'm going to have dinner with my parents and great aunt. So let me list the things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving.
- My boyfriend: Seeing him, lying in the hospital being so sick, really puts things into perspective. He's the love of my life, and I can't wait until we have enough money to move in together and start our life together. For now, he just needs to get better.
- My parents: Obviously, they've always been there for me, especially my dad. They didn't push me out of the nest the moment I graduated (barring the one class I need), and they let me go into debt with them for my European vacation instead of getting into debt with the bank.
- My family: Every winter break, I go back to Michigan, and I cannot describe how much I love my family. I wish I could see them a lot more, but at least I have family that loves me and is there for me.
- My job: I just started this week at SAGE publishing, and I'm very thankful to have this job. Not only do I need the money, but the experience as well. If I had to choose a career besides writing, I think I might really like publishing. And living in NY wouldn't be so bad either.
- Books: I'm constantly thankful for books. Ever since I started reading, books have been a great escape from real life, even if real life isn't all that bad. I have no doubt that reading and books have inspired my own writing, and for that I am eternally indebted to all the authors I've read.
- My storytelling ability: Again, this is sort of thanks to reading, but I've been writing stories and poetry since elementary school. And I've never looked back. It's brought me so much joy, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Well, maybe not anything, but you get my point.
- Soccer: Without soccer I would literally get no exercise. Enough said.
- Food! This needs no explanation, especially today.
What are you thankful for? Let me know in the comments!