Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Announcing the Falling For Books Read-a-Thon!


Hi everyone! So this is a bit of a last-minute thing that I'm putting together, but I thought it would be fun to have a read-a-thon during the Thanksgiving break. I know there's already a read-a-thon called Falling for Autumn Read-a-Thon, but it happened in September and I wanted to have one during the heart of fall. The Thanksgiving break is also the perfect time to read because, if you're not cooking on Thursday, then you have plenty of time to kick back and read in order to ignore your crazy family, and if you are cooking, you have the time after dinner and all of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to veg out with a few good books. I'm hoping to meet my goal of having my novel completely finished and edited by the time the 27th roles around, and I want to celebrate!

The rules of the read-a-thon are pretty simple: you read as many books as you can from the 27th (starting at midnight) to the 30th (ending at midnight) of November. Novellas do not count, unless you combine three or more novellas to make one novel. I personally am going to be reading YA, but you can read whatever you want to reach the goal you set for yourself.

My goal: 3 books. I'm not a slow reader, but I'm not a speed reader either. And on Thursday, I'm pretty sure I'm going to two different Thanksgiving dinners, so I won't have much time that day to get ahead.

What I'm reading: Well, I obviously have many MANY options, so I'm just going to name a few that I have to choose from and I'll make a more executive decision when it gets closer: Defy (Defy #1) by Sara B. Larson, Get Even (Don't Get Mad #1) by Gretchen McNeil, Champion (Legend #3) by Marie Lu, Half-Bad (The Half-Bad Trilogy #1) by Sally Green, The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder, The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater, Attachments by Rainbow Rowell, Exquisite Captive (Dark Caravan Cycle #1) by Heather Demetrios, Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke (Prisoner of Night and Fog #2) by Anne Blankman, and any others I find in the depths of my Kindle.

If you also want to participate, please comment below with your URL and, if you want, the books you might plan on reading. Let's do this together!


4 comments:

  1. YAY! A read-a-thon! I was thinking that I needed one last read-a-thon this year to reach my goal of 100 books! Now I've found it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude Read a thon is AWESOME. I'm in.
    :)


    Hmm I don't think I can put together a list. It takes me forever to decide on a book to read so I'll have to start now thinking about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Thanksgiving is the perfect time for this. I am going to aim for maybe just 2 books since I don't know how much time I will have to read. But I may try to squeeze in an audiobook since I'll be driving a lot.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.