Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten New Series I Want to Start!


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

Many of these series have been just sitting on my shelf, and there are countless others on my Kindle that I need to start as well. Here are some of those series (and I kind of went over ten...):

  1. The Seven Realms series and the Heir Chronicles by Cinda Williams Chima: I tell myself I can't read these series because they're fantasies and they might mess with my own fantasy series, but I've read plenty of fantasy by now and so now I don't really have an excuse.

  2. The Gone series by Michael Grant: I met Michael and got I think the first four books signed, but I just let it sit there. I think it's because I'm imagining them being boy books, and I need my romance. Maybe I can get my boyfriend to read them...

  3. Splintered trilogy by A.G. Howard and the White Rabbit Chronicles by Gena Showalter: I grouped these two together because they both take place in Wonderland. I have nothing against Wonderland; I just haven't been particularly inclined towards it.

  4. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater: I've heard fantastic things about this series, and I own the entire series (in ARC's, but it still counts), but I just haven't gotten to start it.

  5. Falling Kingdoms books by Morgan Rhodes: Another fantasy I just can't make myself read yet. I've had the ARC of the first book since when I went to ALA, and I've even thought it would be my next read, but something always got in the way.
  6. Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children series by Ransom Riggs: I've met Ransom more than a few times and I've heard fantastic things about his books, but they seem a little too creepy for me right now.
  7. The Hex Hall trilogy by Rachel Hawkins: I've always loved series about witches, but I have the entire series and it just continues to sit there.
  8. The Monstrumologist series and The 5th Wave series by Rick Yancey: I've heard great things about both of these series, but I just haven't gotten to them. Although I'm thinking about reading The 5th Wave soon since the sequel just came out.
  9. The Arcana Chronicles by Kresely Cole: These covers are gorgeous, and I have the first book as an ARC, but other books keep getting the priority.
  10. The Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness: Another series where I own every book, but again, they feel like they'll be boy books.



What series are you dying to start? Let me know in the comments!



4 comments:

  1. I've only started two of these! Um our start the series challenge isn't going so well for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children was really good; I haven't gotten to the second book yet, though. I did enjoy The Raven Boys, but I had a harder time getting through the second book in the series; it seemed slow and dragged-out. Splintered was a DNF for me; I just couldn't get into it (and I kind of disliked the characters).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splintered is fab! I wouldn't call Alice in Zombieland a Wonderland book because.....ti has nothing to do with Wonderland. At least the first book does. There is a white rabbit, and then there are zombies!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.