Okay, so our topic this week is about our top ten favorite series. I have a love-hate relationship with series; I love them because I love it when the story is able to be prolonged and become more complicated (fun fact: originally, the Twilight books were only going to be a duology, but Meyer's agent asked if she could make it longer, and lo and behold, the Twilight love triangle!), but I hate them because there's always at least a one-year wait for the next book in the series. Anyway, here are my favorite series:
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- The Mortal Instruments (only #1-3) & The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
- Vampire Academy books by Richelle Mead
- The Angelfire trilogy by Courtney Allison Moulton
- The Shade trilogy by Jeri Smith-Ready
- The Twilight saga by Stephanie Meyer
- The Fire and Thorns trilogy by Rae Carson
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (even though the last book isn't out yet)
- The Lux and Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Pushing the Limits companion series by Katie McGarry
There are a lot of other fantastic series out there that I have some serious love for as well, but these really are at the top of my list. And even though that standard for YA seems to have risen significantly the past couple years, I can't help continuing to love some of the first series I ever read.
What are your favorite series? Let me know in the comments!