Saturday, September 13, 2014

What Does the Bookworm Say? : Other Hobbies


So glad to finally be back to participating in this meme! Today, we discuss our other interests besides books.

  • I guess my main interest besides reading is writing! I know they're kind of similar, but it's a whole other ball game when it really comes down to it. There are times where I'll binge-write (sometimes after binge-reading), and it's very therapeutic.
  • Soccer!! Besides reading and writing, soccer is one of my favorite things to do. I'm in an adult league with my dad (in fact, we have our second game of the season tomorrow), and it's just a lot of fun. It's not always fun when it's boiling outside like it's supposed to be tomorrow, but that's what hydrating is for! I've been playing for 15 years... wow... Let's move on from that.
  • TV shows on Netflix! It seems a little ridiculous that it would be considered a hobby, but a lot of times I'll find a series on Netflix that I've been wanting to watch. I'm usually searching for it because I have nothing to do that day, and then I end up getting totally hooked. The last series I did that with was Revolution. Sadly, the second season isn't on Netflix, but as soon as I get some money, I may just buy the second season.
  • Singing in the car! I can barely sing in front of other people. But as soon as I get in the car, it's like I'm completely fearless. It's one of the reasons I love driving to signings; I have lots of songs I can sing along to!
  • Hanging out with my boyfriend! Again, seems like it's not much of a hobby, but my boyfriend is also my best friend, so we always have a great time together and I love being around him.
I wish I did productive things (like I know that Thuy knits, so at least she's creating something), but, ultimately, I'm the type of person where I like what I like and it's very hard for me to warm up to something if it's no appealing in the first place. For example, I used to play the clarinet in middle school in high school, and while I wasn't a child prodigy, I was decent enough. But then my high school teacher for Wind Ensemble made me hate music, so I gave it up. I don't regret it now, but I just proved that I wasn't as into it as soccer or writing or reading.


What are some of your non-reading hobbies? Let me know in the comments!


6 comments:

  1. Aww I miss soccer! I used to play as a child but then...asthma got in the way ):

    You don't always have to be productive, as long as you love it! My hobby outside of reading is probably Disney. No where near productive, but I loves it!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've known people that have had to quit soccer because of asthma; it sucks!

      Disney is also a big hobby of mine. I would've mentioned it, but it doesn't feel like a hobby, more like an obsession lol

      Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. I didn't know your dad was in the so fed league too. That is so cute. And I like your hobbies. I need to catch up on so many shows and movies but I have a hard time getting hooked. So fun seeing you today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude I love tv shows on Netflix. Also, I didn't know you were so into soccer! :) I love watching world cup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Hobbies (outside of reading)

    1. MX Dirt Bike Riding/Racing (motorcycles)
    2. IDPA ( Pistol Shooting Matches)
    3. Golf
    4. Scrapbooking
    5. Scuba Diving (Haven't dove in a VERY long time)
    6. Photography
    7. Running

    And.... I do enjoy writing I just am not very good at it. I used to play indoor soccer when I was younger. I love soccer too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My non-reading hobbies include writing and anything artistic. I draw and paint and in general just like appreciating art. :) What a fun topic to blog about! and 15 years playing soccer? That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.