So glad to finally be back to participating in this meme! Today, we discuss our other interests besides books.
- I guess my main interest besides reading is writing! I know they're kind of similar, but it's a whole other ball game when it really comes down to it. There are times where I'll binge-write (sometimes after binge-reading), and it's very therapeutic.
- Soccer!! Besides reading and writing, soccer is one of my favorite things to do. I'm in an adult league with my dad (in fact, we have our second game of the season tomorrow), and it's just a lot of fun. It's not always fun when it's boiling outside like it's supposed to be tomorrow, but that's what hydrating is for! I've been playing for 15 years... wow... Let's move on from that.
- TV shows on Netflix! It seems a little ridiculous that it would be considered a hobby, but a lot of times I'll find a series on Netflix that I've been wanting to watch. I'm usually searching for it because I have nothing to do that day, and then I end up getting totally hooked. The last series I did that with was Revolution. Sadly, the second season isn't on Netflix, but as soon as I get some money, I may just buy the second season.
- Singing in the car! I can barely sing in front of other people. But as soon as I get in the car, it's like I'm completely fearless. It's one of the reasons I love driving to signings; I have lots of songs I can sing along to!
- Hanging out with my boyfriend! Again, seems like it's not much of a hobby, but my boyfriend is also my best friend, so we always have a great time together and I love being around him.
I wish I did productive things (like I know that Thuy knits, so at least she's creating something), but, ultimately, I'm the type of person where I like what I like and it's very hard for me to warm up to something if it's no appealing in the first place. For example, I used to play the clarinet in middle school in high school, and while I wasn't a child prodigy, I was decent enough. But then my high school teacher for Wind Ensemble made me hate music, so I gave it up. I don't regret it now, but I just proved that I wasn't as into it as soccer or writing or reading.
What are some of your non-reading hobbies? Let me know in the comments!