Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Sentinel (Covenant #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout: mini review


Goodreads rating: 4.51
Paperback, 297 pages
Published November 2nd 2013 by Spencer Hill Press
Series: Covenant #5
Genre: YA Adventure/Mythology

It's a beautiful day for a war.

As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.

And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as they travel deep into the Underworld to release one of the most dangerous gods of all time.

In the stunning, action-packed climax to the bestselling Covenant series, Alex must face a terrible choice: the destruction of everything and everyone she holds dear… or the end of herself.

 Spoilers from previous books in the series!

Initial reaction: I can't believe this series is over, but I love how it wrapped up. This book also changed my mind a little about Seth; amazingly, I grew not to hate him!

I seriously wish I could remember more about this book. What I do remember, though, is that I absolutely adored it, not just as a series-ender, but as an awesome book all on its own. There is such a great cast of characters, and it's beautiful how they all come together around Alex and Aiden. They both have been through so much. And as much as I want to hate Seth for playing a huge role in some of it (I can still blame him, of course), there were some actions he took and sacrifices he made in this one that made me not hate his guts anymore. Granted, I don't believe he can make up for what he's done and I was never EVER Team Seth, but I can respect the guy. I think the thing we have be thankful for most from Seth's ill-advised actions is that it brought Aiden and Alex closer together. Aiden stood by Alex, even when everything was conspiring against them. While, realistically, this seems unlikely, I can't deny that this book somehow made Aiden more amazing. I think my favorite character remains Apollo though. He's literally the coolest god ever and is always looking out for Alex even when he doesn't have to. The other thing about this series is that it's so potent, there's no way things could have ended in flowers and unicorns farting rainbows. But it ended as perfectly as it could given the circumstances, and I was satisfied. I'm so very sad to this series end (but, honestly, I'm not sure I'd read a Seth spin-off. I mean, the guy earned my respect, but I was never a fan of his), and I know that JLA will captivate us with a new, perfect series soon!

 

 Readers who love this series, JLA, Greek mythology, and pure awesomeness!

The Lux series by JLA
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
The Sweet Trilogy by Wendy Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.