Sunday, May 11, 2014

What Does the Bookworm Say? ~ The Change-Up Part II + Reading Monogamy



So I messed up and missed the last time as well. Luckily, I'm making it up this week! The first subject I'm going to be breaching is about the new covers for Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver series. Check out the books on Goodreads HERE. I actually love the new covers compared to the old ones. Here are the old ones:


I thought the old covers were a little light for how dark and intense the books ended up being. But that's what I love about the new covers. The colors are the same theme, which I think still shows the tone of the books, but since the background is darker, I think the covers are a great addition to this series. Also, I'm a sucker for dark tree silhouettes! Here are the new covers:


I'm pretty sure that they changed the covers for the Shiver books because a new book in the series is coming out. Well, I wouldn't say it's a new book, but it's a sort of afterward from a different character's perspective. Here's that cover:


Like I said, I LOVE the new covers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, the second topic for today is about book monogamy. Now, anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a monogamist in most elements of my life. I'm still with my boyfriend from high school (almost 6 1/2 years now), so if that's not a sign of commitment to one thing/person, I don't know what is. I'm the same way with books. It is physically impossible for me read more than one book at a time. It's why I have a problem reading books in school because I'm already reading a much more interesting book for fun. When I was younger, I used to start a book, start a new one, and then start another one! But the problem is that I never finished them. I kept starting books and getting caught up in one story, getting bored, and then starting another story. It was definitely a problem. Book monogamy means not starting another book while reading another one, and it's something I've had a problem with since childhood. I'm just not capable of not being a monogamist. I'm a one-book kind of girl.

Which is kind of ironic because, when I get an idea for a book, I'll take a break from whatever I'm writing to write a few scenes, and sometimes even more than half the story! That's really the only time I'm not a monogamist. I'm not proud of it, but sometimes it has to be done. A lot of times, my characters and plot lines are so different that I have absolutely no problem with keeping them apart.


Are you a book monogamist? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.