Friday, May 23, 2014

I'm Graduating! + Where I'll Be This Summer


First thing's first. Come June 16th, I'll officially be graduated from college (technically, I have one class left to get my BA, but I'll be walking at the ceremony)!!! I'm so excited to finally be done with college after three years at a community college and two years at the University of California, Santa Barbara. I've had an amazing time at the UC, partially living on my own, but it's time to move on. The first part of that moving-on phase is taking a long trip to Europe, something I've been planning vigorously with my boyfriend for these last few months. Here's where we'll be going on this trip of a lifetime:


London
Brussels (Belgium)
Amsterdam
Lucerne
Paris
Rome
Florence
Venice
Prague
Budapest
 Berlin
Munich
Dublin



We wanted to try to make it to Greece, but it was an extra flight that just couldn't be made. I'm taking the entire trip with my boyfriend, Kyle, who I've been with for over six years, and it's been crazy trying to plan this. The amount of time it takes to find places to stay in all these countries has taken up much of the last half of our senior year, but I know it'll be worth it. I can't even imagine the memories we're going to make and the things we're going to see and the food we're going to eat!! Many of the places we've chosen have been cheaper than hotel rooms AND we'll get the apartment to ourselves. Not only that, but having someone in each country to talk to about the places to go and how to get there will be a great help.

Words cannot express how excited I am for this trip. I've never been to anywhere in Europe, so this will all be new to me and beautiful and fantastic! I can't wait to share this experience with you all once I get back. But this also means I'll barely be posting at all on the blog. I hope I can get some reviews scheduled for while I'm gone, and I do have a blog tour to schedule as well, but otherwise I'll be pretty absent. I know I haven't been here much lately anyway, but I hope that you'll understand why I'll be here even less. After I get back from Europe, though, I hope to read and write more than ever, and I'm hoping to post a lot more on the blog, maybe even get back to my old schedule of posting almost every day.

Anyway, I have some other post scheduled for before I leave and hopefully I can plan more to post on their own while I'm away, but I just wanted to let you all know where I'll be this summer while the blog lies dormant.

If you have any tips for these countries or traveling to Europe in general, please comment!


3 comments:

  1. Remember your the foreigner. Be flexible! adjust your thinking to get the most out of the big trip. Congrads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learn the subway systems - In my trip to London and Paris during the Christmas holidays, we saved so much money taking subways - and get booklet of tickets not 1 at a time :) sounds so awesome! congrats on graduation

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going to miss you but have so much fun, Nicole. Eat all the food!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.