Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April Book Festivals!


So April is turning out to be a very exciting month in SoCal for book events! There is, of course, the annual LA Times Festival of Books at USC (details below). But there's also a Pasadena Teen Book Fest that's goin on two after that at the Pasadena Library (details also below). Needless to say, I've already spent over $100 in books for these events and plan on buying some there. For those who don't know what I'm babbling on about or you're just interested in the authors at these events, please feel free to read below. I really hope I get to meet/see some of you there!

Authors I plan to see at the LATFoB [April 12th-13th]:
Ransom Riggs
Andrea Cremer
Rachel Shukert
Kelley Armstrong
Rachel Hawkins
Neal Shusterman
Lauren Oliver
Tahereh Mafi
Rainbow Rowell
Margaret Stohl
Laini Taylor
John Green
Leigh Bardugo
Sarah J. Maas
Marissa Meyer
Ann Brashares
Eoin Colfer
Melissa de la Cruz
Tamara Ireland Stone
Ava Dallaira
Stephen Chbosky
Veronica Roth


The Pasadena Teen Book Festival [April 26th, 12-4PM] won't be nearly as big, but there are still some great authors attending! I'll just put the entire list here:

Jesse Andrews – Me, Earl, & The Dying Girl
Carrie Arcos – There Will Come a Time
Katherine Ewell – Dear Killer
Holly Goldberg Sloan – Counting by 7s
Aaron Hartzler – Rapture Practice
Tracy Holczer - The Secret Hum of a Daisy
Kristen Kittscher - The Wig in the Window
Catherine Linka – A Girl Called Fearless
Gretchen McNeil - 3:59
Lissa Price – Enders
Elizabeth Ross – Belle Epoque
Frances Sackett – The Misadventures of the Magician’s Dog
Rachel Searles – The Lost Planet
Sarah Skilton – High & Dry
Andrew Smith – Grasshopper Jungle
Amy Spalding – Ink Is Thicker than Water
Ann Stampler – Afterparty
Margaret Stohl - Icons
Carol Tanzman – Circle of Silence
Amy Tintera - Reboot
Lisa Yee – Warp Speed
Allen Zadoff – Boy Nobody


4 comments:

  1. I'll be seeing you a lot in April. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you there Nicole. I feel like there is so much going on at this Festival of Books. I don't know how long I'll last in the sun but should be fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous about the LA book festival and the Pasadena one. They don't have anything like that up here in NorCal that I know of!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.