Saturday, March 1, 2014

What Does the Bookworm Say? ~ Booktubing


Now today's topic is... booktubing! What do you think of Booktube?

Well, I know very little about Booktubing to be honest. I don't think I've ever watched anyone review a book via video, but I know they definitely exist out there. I've actually thought about it, but decided it wouldn't be good. I'll make a pros and cons list, just for kicks.

PROS: You get to be a lot more animated than in a simple written review. You can show your emotions and actually express your feels or lack of them in a way that people that either read he book or are going to read the book can relate to. It also would take less time. Instead of rigorously placing photos in place on a blog post, all you have to do is make a video.

CONS: At least for me, I know my thoughts would be too jumbled to make a video of a review on a book. I change my words so many times, especially the order that they're in, that'd have to take a thousand videos to get it right, which I think makes it lose its magic.

So I guess my point is that I understand the appeal in Booktubing, but I myself am not interested in doing it. It's not even that I don't want people to see my face (I used to make videos of my book hauls), it's mostly that I wouldn't be able to gather my thoughts enough to sound coherent. Maybe now that I've heard of it, I'll check out what the other ladies said and find some good Booktubers!

Do you have any favorite Booktubers? Let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. These are all good points. I actually don't think I would want to see myself on a video, which is a reason why I probably will never Booktube. Maybe if other people were in it or I was interviewing someone but I don't even think I'd do a haul video. I miss yours though. They were cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, good points. I am not one for video blogging. I don't think I would be very interesting to watch, nor do I think I would be able to organize my thoughts well enough to video them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on BookTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ForThoseAboutToRead

    Once you find ppl who read the same things as you, it's really fun (kind of like blogs).

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.