Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Be With Me Blog Tour: Review of Be With Me (Wait For You #2) by J. Lynn


I cannot tell you how excited I am to be a part of this tour! You can check out the rest of the tour stops HERE!


Goodreads rating: 4.26
Published February 4th 2014 by William Morrow Paperbacks
Genre: New Adult Contemporary

Teresa Hamilton is having a rough year—she’s in love with her big brother’s best friend, but he hasn’t spoken to her since they shared a truly amazing, mind-blowing, change-your-life kiss. She got out of a terrible relationship. And now an injury is threatening to end her dance career for good. It’s time for Plan B – college. And maybe a chance to convince Jase that what they have together is real.

Jase Winstead has a huge secret that he’s not telling anyone. Especially not his best friend’s incredibly beautiful sister. Even though he and Teresa shared the hottest kiss of his life, he knows that his responsibilities must take priority. He certainly doesn’t have time for a relationship. But it doesn’t help that all he can think about kissing the one girl who could ruin everything for him.

As they’re thrown together more and more, Jase and Tess can’t keep denying their feelings for each other. But a familiar danger looms and tragedy strikes. As the campus recovers, the star-crossed couple must decide what they’re willing to risk to be together, and what they’re willing to lose if they’re not…
 This is a NEW ADULT novel. It's definitely not for teenagers for many reasons, the main ones being college-age issues and sex. Also, this is somewhat a sequel, so there may be some spoilers from book 1.

I find myself not being able to write much of a review on these books, mostly because there's always some secret revealed early on in the book, and other secrets spilled throughout that it's hard not to spoil it. And it's those reveals that really make these books for me. I'm not much for contemporaries, but it's books like these that really make me want to read more. It helps that I love this author and her totally addictive writing style. She's also very good at writing the most amazing sexy scenes, even if that scene is a single kiss. Normally it isn't, but you get what I'm saying. I enjoy the fact that there's dancing interwoven throughout this series so far. First Avery refuses to starts dancing again in Wait For You, and now Tess in this book isn't able to dance because of an injury. I was especially happy to see old characters back and find out what they're doing after Wait For You ended. But Tess and Jase were worth the wait. Jase is just...mmmmm... There are seriously no words. He's the typical brooding boy who, try as you might, you cannot understand no matter how much he opens up. Tess is one of the few, as well as her brother and Jase's best friend Cam from Wait For You. As you can see, we're already weaving a very tangled web here. It gets so much more deliciously complicated and beyond frustrating.

One of the most serious issues confronted in this book had only a little to do with Tess and Jase. Tess had the same thing happen to her when she was younger, but that just made seeing it happen so much worse. Tess' roommate Debbie gets beaten by her boyfriend, but strategically so that no one will see the bruises and he apologizes after so that she won't leave him. I don't know and have never known anyone that has faced this issue, but the worst part is that often you can't tell unless you see them together and how they act with each other. I felt so bad for Debbie, but I really wish Tess had stepped in sooner. I understand her fear (well, not actually, but we're given a good enough sense of it), but after going through a similar thing, she should have confronted them from the get-go. A lot of terrible things could have been avoided. Luckily for Tess, Jase was usually there for her when she needed him. There were some frustrating time where he had to do his whole brooding routine, but Jase's life is more fragile than I could have imagined, and while he doesn't excel at it, he knows the things he wants in life. And just like every other character in this series, he was too afraid to accept what he wanted and needed until it was almost too late and people had been hurt in the process. But the best part about this book: the sexy scenes. Seriously, I don't know how JLA does it. I just... so many feels! I loved this book just as much as the first one and it looks like Calla's story will be the third book, which I'm so excited for! She was really there for Tess, and so I know we'll get to see how all the couples are doing while Calla makes headway with (I assume) Brandon.

Those who enjoy New Adult and Jennifer L. Armentrout (which I guess means everybody?)





About The Author

# 1 NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you’ve heard about her state aren’t true. When she’s not hard at work writing. she spends her time reading, working out, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russell Loki. Her dreams of becoming an author started in algebra class, where she spent most of her time writing short stories….which explains her dismal grades in math. Jennifer writes young adult paranormal, science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. She is published with Spencer Hill Press, Entangled Teen and Brazen, Disney/Hyperion and Harlequin Teen. Her book Obsidian has been optioned for a major motion picture and her Covenant Series has been optioned for TV.
She also writes adult and New Adult romance under the name J. Lynn. She is published by Entangled Brazen and HarperCollins.

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm so glad you loved it. Thank you for being on the tour!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.