What is the Review Copy Cleanup?
The RCC is a month-long event in which Vicky from Books, Biscuits & Tea and Celine from Nyx Book Reviews challenge themselves to read as many review books as they can. They are both notorious for accepting way too many requests, and consequently their to be read piles are pretty daunting. For some extra motivation to read, they invented the Review Copy Cleanup. This year they are keeping things simple – no challenges and just one scheduled chat, and weekly updates so we can all keep track of each other’s process. You’re welcome to keep track of the challenge in the way that’s most convenient for you.
- The Review Copy Cleanup 4.0 runs from 1 to 28 February.
- It starts and ends midnight of your local timezone to avoid confusion.
- To sign up, just fill in the Mister Linky linked above. Link to your sign up post directly please! The Linky is the same for both our blogs, so you only have to sign up once.
- The Linky will close on the 15th, so make sure you sign up before then.
- When you post your sign up post on your blog, either include the challenge button with your post or link it back to this article so that people know where to sign up. Thanks! (:
- Every book you received for review counts towards the challenge, both ebooks and hard copies (even audiobooks for review if you have those), including all genres and lengths.
- Feel free to use the #RCCleanup hashtag on Twitter for your RCC related tweets or join in the Twitter party at http://tweetchat.com/room/RCCleanup and meet lots of awesome bloggers. (:
- At the end of every week they will post their personal updates, and they’ll include a Linky for you to add yours!
I figured since I have some blog tours coming up and I'm trying to do better on my Better Late Than Never ARC Challenge AND the TBR Pile Reading Challenge. I hope this little mini-challenge will get me motivated! I'm not going to compile a list, mostly because I'm just going to read what I feel like after I finish a book, you know? I really ope to get to some of the ARCs I got at ALA a year and a half ago (I know, bad Nicole), and a lot of review copies that have been hanging out on my Kindle, many of which I've been dying to read but just haven't had the time. Anyway, if you have any amount of review books, go sign up!