Sunday, January 19, 2014

My Poisonous Book Haul (69)

This has now become my replacement for In My Mailbox. Since that feature has made some changes, I decided that I needed to move on as well. This feature has a name that's more catered to my blog's theme, but it's exactly the same. Basically, you create a post of the books you either received in the mail/e-mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library.

I kind of feel like I'm done doing book haul videos, at least until I move back home. Anyway, here are the books I got since my last post (about a month ago), and I've gotten some pretty great ones!

BOUGHT
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
I got this book as a lightning deal from Amazon. I'd heard amazing things about this one, and her other novel Fangirl. So I knew I better get started somewhere!
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
I know you can get this book for free on Kindle, but I had just finished re-reading Twilight and saw this was on sale, so I bought a real copy. Still haven't read it though *cowers*
Reached (Matched #3) by Ally Condie
Well I read the first two books in this series just before this final book came out and wasn't too excited to read it. Luckily, I got this paperback with a coupon, so I figured I should try to finish is.
Rise (Eve #3) by Anna Carey
The only real reason I bought this is because it has the extra epilogue that we all knew the original text really needed. Besides, I had an ARC, so it seems fitting that I would spend some money on it.
The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
I've had my eye on this book for a while, and since it has sort of a wintry cover AND it's supposed to be for fans of Before I Fall which I loved, I figured I needed this one to keep me cold this winter... And yes, I did mean cold.
The Monstrumologist (The Monstrumologist #1) by Rick Yancey
My good friend Crystal has told me that this is a great book, and I own his newest one, The 5th Wave, so I wanted to at least have this book in the picture when considering him as an author I like.

GIFTED
The Shadowhunter's Codex by Cassandra Clare & Joshua Lewis
I'd been dying to get my hands on a copy of this, and so when I got the special edition for my birthday I was elated. I've read pieces of it already and I'm really enjoying it. Definitely a must for fans of her Shadowhunter books.
The Hogwarts Library by J.K. Rowling
This seems pretty self-explanatory. I mean, how could I not?! This was another gift for my birthday, but I knew it was coming.

FOR REVIEW
(I won't comment on every book, mostly the ones I'm really excited for!)
Grim, edited by Christine Johnson
A lot of really great authors are part of this edition, so I'm pretty excited to read it!
Such Sweet Sorrow by Jenny Trout
The Shadow Throne (The Ascendance Trilogy #3) by Jennifer A. Nielsen
I read the first book, and have the second and now third book for review!
Rebel (Reboot #2) by Amy Tintera
Even though I haven't read the first book, I'm very excited I got this one for review because it's only a duology, so this is the last book!
Meridian (Arclight #2) by Josin L. McQuein
I have the first book for review that I have yet to read and now I have the second!
Royally Lost by Angie Stanton
I plan to read this on my vacation in Europe. I hope I can wait that long!
A Creature of Moonlight by Rebecca Hahn
Scintillate (The Light Key Trilogy #1) by Tracy Clark
The Immortal Crown (Age of X #2) by Richelle Mead
I got the first book of this series at a signing of hers. I have yet to start it, but since it has Norse mythology, I'm probably going to start it at least after I finish writing my first book. But I love everything she's written so I know this series is going to be awesome!
The Ring and the Crown by Melissa de la Cruz
Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths #1) by K.A. Tucker
I just need more NA in my life, plain and simple!
Wrecked (Wrecked #1) by Priscilla West
Song of the Fireflies by J.A. Redmerski
Holy crap I am so excited to read this! I love Scott's other books and I've heard this lives up to the hype :)
Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel
A Peter Pan retelling! Should be interesting!
Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes
The Falconer (The Falconer #1) by Elizabeth May
Killer Instinct by Shannon Greenland

I know, so many review books!

What did you get in your book haul? Let me know in the comments!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! So many awesome books. I'm reading The Shadow Throne now and loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that review list is kind of intense. You better get reading! Eleanor & Park is very good. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.