Sunday, December 22, 2013

End of the Series Reading Challenge + And So It Begins Reading Challenge Info!

EDIT: AS PER REQUEST, I HAVE ADDED A LINKY LIST FOR BOTH SEPARATE READING CHALLENGES. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SIGN UP BELOW!


So I know I've been a bit absentee lately, but I still wanted to post about my reading challenges that I hosted last year and invite everyone to participate!

**I'M NOT GOING TO EMBED A LINKY LIST FOR EITHER CHALLENGE THIS YEAR. IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO DO SO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS!**

I figure that, if you want to participate, you can just do it. I'm not going to hold any giveaways or mini-challenges (I like to keep it simple since I don't always have time to blog), so there's no master list I have to check you all against. I'd still love to see what you plan to read for both challenges, so if you want to let me know about that, you can leave a link in the comments. Alright, here we go!

END OF THE SERIES READING CHALLENGE

  • What are the rules of this challenge?
    • Your goal is to read at least seven (7) books that are the final ones in the series that come out any year, but that you have read in 2014. To "participate," you need a blog or a Goodreads account. Your reviews need to be written in English. I'm going to try to write up a post at the end of every three months where everyone participating can comment with their reviews for these books and we can all check them out!
  • What books are on the EotSC list?
    • The final book published in a YA series. It has to be in a series, not an author's third or fourth standalone, etc. I have made a Goodreads group for this challenge, which has a list of books that I believe will count for the challenge. This list may not be accurate as the publishers may not have announced that there is another book in the series yet. If there is an error, I will delete the book and that book will not count for the challenge anymore. I know this is slightly haphazard but hopefully it won't be too much of a problem.
  • Why should you join this challenge?
    • Because it's awesome? One of the best things about reading is getting to that final book in a series. This is what it's all come down to. It's the ending of a journey that you've waited at least a year to finish, and this is your chance. One of the reasons I wanted to do this challenge is that I know some people hold off on the final books of the series because they don't want to see it end. This is to push all of to that end.
  • How long does the challenge run?
    • Any books read from January 1st, 2014 - December 31st, 2014 count for this challenge. This means that if you read the final book in a series before January 1st or after December 31st, then it doesn't count. This also means ARCs that you may have already read this past year that aren't published until 2014.
    • What should you do if you're an author coming out with the final novel in your series?
      • I would love to feature your book on the challenge list! Just make sure it fits within the rules of this challenge. Please e-mail me [mainardi(dot)nicole(at)gmail(dot)com] or comment on the group page and let me know if you want your book put on the list.
    • How do you join?
      • Like I said, I'm not putting up a linky list this time, so there really is no "joining" per say, but I would really like to know what books you plan to read or that you're just going to try and participate. Again, as I said above, if you would in fact like me to embed a linky list to sign up, please let me know and I will do so. Please sign up below with either a Goodreads URL to your page or your blog URL.
    Here are the books I plan on reading for this challenge. There are many more on the Goodreads list. I HAVEN'T ADDED MANY NEW ONES TO THE LIST AND I'D LOVE SUGGESTIONS!

    Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tahereh Mafi
    Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3) by Veronica Rossi
    Opposition (Lux #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
    Oblivion (Nevermore #3) by Kelly Creagh
    Raging Star (Dust Lands #3) by Moira Young
    Sisters' Fate (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #3) by Jessica Spotswood
    Ruin and Rising (The Grisha #3) by Leigh Bardugo
    Evertrue (Everneath #3) by Brodi Ashton
    Sweet Reckoning (Sweet Trilogy #3) by Wendy Higgins
    Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly #3) by Susan Dennard
    The Warrior (Dante Walker #3) by Victoria Scott
    Of Neptune (The Syrena Legacy #3) by Anna Banks
    Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars #2) by Diana Peterfreund
    Shades of the Earth (Across the Universe #3) by Beth Revis
    Elegy (Hereafter #3) by Tara Hudson
    Three (Article 5 #3) by Kristen Simmons
    The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3) by Michelle Hodkin
    Dance of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death #2) by Bethany Griffin

    Hopefully I can actually get to all of these! I know I didn't get to my whole list from last year :(

    Please sign up for this challenge here:



    AND SO IT BEGINS READING CHALLENGE

    There are challenges out there for debuts and my End of the Series Reading Challenge, Thuy from Nite Lite Book Reviews, Crystal from Elegantly Bound Books (soon to be Books Unbound) and I had the idea that there should be a challenge for the start of any YA series. And so, we decided to create our own challenge. It doesn't matter to me if no one signs up because I'm mostly doing this for myself. Sadly there are no prize packs, as we can't afford them, so this is just for fun.


    • What are the rules of this challenge?
      • Your goal is to read seven (7) books that are the first books in the series that come out any year, but that you have read in 2014. To "participate," you need a blog or a Goodreads account. Your reviews need to be written in English. One of us will write up a post at the end of every three months where everyone participating can link up their reviews for these books and we can all check them out! And yes, books from other challenges count, just as long as they are the first in a series.
    • What books are on the ASIB list?
      • The first book published in a YA series. I have made a Goodreads group for this challenge, which has a list of books that will count for the challenge. This list may not be accurate as the publishers may not actually picked up the second book and therefore it would not be part of series. If there is an error, I will delete the book and that book will not count for the challenge anymore. I know this is slightly haphazard but hopefully it won't be too much of a problem.
    • Why should you join this challenge?
      • Because challenges are awesome! I love starting new series, but sometimes it's daunting when you realize how many books in the series are already out. One of the reasons I wanted to do this challenge is that I know some people hold off on starting a series because they need the push to make the commitment to start something new.
    • How long does the challenge run?
      • Any books read from January 1st, 2014 - December 31st, 2014 count for this challenge. This means that if you read the first book in a series before January 1st or after December 31st, then it doesn't count. This also means ARCs that you may have already read this year that aren't published until 2014.
    • What should you do if you're an author coming out with the final novel in your series?
      • I would love to feature your book on the challenge list! Just make sure it fits within the rules of this challenge. Please e-mail me [mainardi(dot)nicole(at)gmail(dot)com] or comment on the group page and let me know if you want your book put on the list.
    • How do you join?
      • Like I said, I'm not putting up a linky list this time, so there really is no "joining" per say, but I would really like to know what books you plan to read or that you're just going to try and participate. Again, as I said above, if you would in fact like me to embed a linky list to sign up, please let me know and I will do so. Please sign up below with either a Goodreads URL to your page or your blog URL.

    Here are the books I plan on reading for this challenge. There are many more on the Goodreads list. I HAVEN'T ADDED MANY NEW ONES TO THE LIST AND I'D LOVE SUGGESTIONS!

    I'm pretty sure I won't to get all of these, but they all look so good!

    Please sign up for this challenge her:


    PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ABOUT THE CHALLENGES! :)


    7 comments:

    1. I'm so glad you're doing these challenges again! I participated this year and it was so much fun! Could you possibly put a Linky up? I'm weird but I just don't feel like I've really signed up for something until I submit my blog haha. But if it's too much trouble don't worry about it! I'm just really glad you're doing it again!!! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Alright, I've put up the linky lists just for you Emily :)

        Delete
    2. So I just read Allegiant like last week and it really inspired me to finish some of the other series that I've started but haven't yet finished. Here are a few I might read: Champion, Horde, Boundless (I KNOW!), The Bitter Kingdom, the 4th and 5th in the Jessica Darling series and I definitely have a bunch of series that I need to start as well. Here's to making lofty goals that I probably won't accomplish! But I love to challenge myself lol!

      ReplyDelete
    3. This is great. Thanks Nicole! I am looking forward to finishing up some series next year AND starting some new ones! Yay for 2014!!!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thanks Nicole! I'm looking forward to starting some new series and finishing some other ones! Yay!

      ReplyDelete

    I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

    Disclaimer

    According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.