Tuesday, December 24, 2013

2013 Top Ten of YA Day 2: Debuts

I feel terrible that I didn't read more debuts this year like I did last year, but I also listed the debuts I really wanted to get to but just couldn't. That doesn't make up for it, but I'm hoping to get to them next year! I'm also thinking that there weren't a lot of descent debuts, at least not as many as last year. Still, I enjoyed the ones I read.

Pivot Point (Pivot Point #1) by Kasie West
This was probably my favorite debut. I wasn't sure how well the double story line would work, but it worked very well. I cannot wait to see what happens in the next book!


Legacy of the Clockwork Key (The Secret Order #1) by Kristin Bailey
I read this for a blog tour and was surprised by how much I loved it. I end up really enjoying steampunk even though I don't get to read it that often. The romance is always so good.

The Collector (Dante Walker #1) by Victoria Scott
This was a close second to being my favorite debut. Dante Walker is SO HOT! Definitely one of my favorite book boyfriends as well.

I didn't like this one as much as I thought it was, but I felt like I could connect with the main character. Guys are a lot easier to hang out with and that's basically the entire book. I'm excited to see what will happen with the rest of the series.

Debuts I Wish I'd Read:
What I've heard: That it's amazing! I haven't read many books that are co-authored but I'm very excited to start this one, especially since I have a review copy!

Splintered (Splintered #1) by A.G. Howard
What I've heard: Not that much actually. I won a copy of this book, and the premise of it being based on Alice in Wonderland sounds amazing. I just haven't gotten the chance.

The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter #1) by Megan Shepherd
What I've heard: That it's very creepy but very good. I bought a copy of the ebook when it was very cheap and also because I got the sequel for review. Definitely interested to start this one.

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (Between #1) by April Genevieve Tucholke
What I've heard: the reviews for this haven't been that great, but I can't say no to that cover or the love story that it promises. Besides, I love Gothic settings.

What I've heard: that it's pretty good. I actually met Amy before she even published her debut, so it was really great to meet someone that's realized the dream I'm chasing after.



1 comment:

  1. I really liked Reboot! I can't wait for the next book. I really need to read Splintered, Pivot Point, and Altered like now. And Pivot Point has a really nice cover so that helps haha.

    Emily @ Emily's Crammed Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.