Monday, December 23, 2013

2013 Top Ten of YA Day 1: Cover Poison

There were some great covers this year. Maybe not as gorgeous as last year, but still some very nice eye candy. Despite the fact that everyone has knocked the covers with dresses on them, I think the art teams at the publishing companies have really made them a lot more creative than just dresses. Anyway, here are my favorite covers out of the books I read this year:


MILA 2.0 (MILA 2.0 #1) by Debra Driza
I don't know what it is about this cover, but I love her face breaking apart sort of like her life did in the book. The book was not as good as I wanted it to be, but I still love this cover!

Pivot Point (Pivot Point #1) by Kasie West
I think I like this one because it's very pertinent to what happens in the book, since she lives out two different lives. Also, it kind of looks like there's snow, which I love.

Everbound (Everneath #2) by Brodie Ashton
This is one of the dress ones I was talking about, and I love how it's black and then turns into smoke. I'm not the biggest fan of this series, but the covers are undeniably gorgeous.

Goddess (Starcrossed #3) by Josephine Agelini
Another dress one. I always thought these covers were gorgeous, and while I didn't love the first book, the author's writing improved significantly in the second book and by the end of this final book, I enjoyed the series. Plus, I LOVE the colors!

If I Should Die (Revenants #3) by Amy Plum
Another series that ended this year where I loved the covers. The difference is that this is one of my favorite series and I'm very sad that the series is over. She also always wears dresses, but, I mean, you have to wear a dress is Paris at some point.

Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy #2) by Wendy Higgins
Really, the only reason I chose this cover is because Kaidan Rowe is on it, and if you've read this series, you know why. Plus, the black on both of them is sexy. Enough said.

A Darkness Strange and Lovely (Something Strange and Deadly #2) by Susan Dennard
Another dress one, but I love the colors and it's more of a Victorian dress so it gives it a different feel. I also love her fingerless lace gloves and the dark background.

With All My Soul (Soul Screamers #7) by Rachel Vincent
An example where they took the dress and made it more. I've loved most of the covers for this series, but this was also the final book. I can't say I loved it because she didn't end up with who I wanted her to, but I can't complain.

Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer
I feel like the covers for this series have gotten better and better. But I also think another reason I picked this one (besides the fact that I LOVE her hair with that red ribbon) is because this series keeps getting better and better with each book, which seems impossible. I loved this book and it's cover!

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare
Another series that ended this year that I sad to see go, and again wasn't completely satisfied with the ending. But I have to admit that I love how Tessa looks.

The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns #3) by Rae Carson
This series ended as well, which I was very sad about because I love these books. Besides the fact that I loved this book and the entire series, I chose this cover because it has ice and snow on it. Kind of like my choice for Pivot Point!


1 comment:

  1. The Starcrossed series has some of the best covers I've ever seen. Them and the Incarnate books. They both have the best covers I've ever seen. I really love the Everbound cover too, as well as Pivot Point. I love it when covers reflect the books - now I just have to read it haha. Great list!

    Emily @ Emily's Crammed Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.