Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Covers I Wish I Could Redesign

So this is going to turn into a segment where I complain about the covers I loved that have been changed, which really makes me mad! Anyway, here they are:

Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
This is one of two times I've been completely outraged that the cover was changed. The first one is totally gorgeous and I am keeping my signed copy!

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
This is the second of two times. These covers were so gorgeous, and then the second batch turned out to be so generic.

Across the Universe by Beth Revis
I pretty much hated the first change they made, but the third editions aren't bad. Still, I wish they could have made up their minds.

Blood Red Road by Moira Young
I really liked that the text on the first editions are the main feature. Although I do appreciate Jack on the front of the second book.

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
I was finally okay with a girl bring in a dress on a cover because Juliette actually is in a dress like the one on the cover during the novel. But I also like the other covers, and I think if the new ones had been presented to me first, I would have loved them.

Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
I cam either take or leave both of these covers, but I hate when they change things up. Still, it's kind of nice seeing Zachary on one of them...

The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
This one I understand the change a little more, mostly because Elisa changes her body shape throughout the novel. But like I said, I wish they'd pick a cover design and stick to it for the whole series.

Delirium by Lauren Oliver
While the new covers are gorgeous, I liked the simplicity of the original. And when you take the dust jacket off of the first edition ones, it shows the entire picture of the girl that's behind the letters on the front. Much cooler.

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
I remember picking up this book and nearly not buying it because the cover is so ugly. I mean, that yellow? No thank you. They're lucky Jace's luscious body was on the front, otherwise it would have taken me much longer to start the books.

Evernight by Claudia Gray
I love the text they use for the title, but the rest of it is just too plain for my taste.

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I get that there's symbolism in the flowers or whatever, but I thought the first cover looked really unprofessional when I saw that other people were reading it.


Well, that's my list! Are any of these on yours? Let me know in the comments!


1 comment:

  1. Awww, I like Half-Blood!

    Completely agree on Nightshade though. Pretty sure its the most infamous redesign in the bookverse, I fondly refer to all failed redesigns as "pulling a nightshade".

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.