Sunday, September 1, 2013

August Wrap-Up

I'm sorry I didn't end up posting as much this month, guys. Since I started my new job, I've been exhausted when I get home and just don't feel like doing anything. Also, when I start school, I will be posting less. I know I said that last year when I started school and I really didn't post any less. But now I'll be working AND going to school AND I need a social life. But I'll let you know more about that just before school starts. I finally found a place to live, but it's not where I wanted. I'm still on the waiting list for the place I really want, so hopefully enough people will drop out of their contracts and I can take one of their spots.

There wasn't much book-related that happened this month. I did go to the final mall tour stop for the City of Bones movie. It was hectic and HOT, but still really fun. I bought a paperback copy of the movie edition of the book, and got it signed by Lily, Jamie, Robert, Kevin, Cassie and the director. Jamie was the only signature on one of the pages, which was so Jace I couldn't help but smile. My best friend and I got in line around 3 in the morning, and by 6, there was already too many people for those in the back to get their stuff signed. Luckily, getting there so early got us up pretty close to the actors, which made me happy. And it helped me find out that I really can function at 2:30 in the morning, so that's something.

I also finally got a Kindle Fire HD! I won it too, which made it even more awesome. I'm glad I finally got to update my Kindle.

The final thing is that, on Friday, I went to my cousin's wedding. She's been with him since they were in high school (just like my boyfriend and I), and so it was really nice to see that dream coming true. :)

Oh, wait, one last book thing. I'm hosting a read-a-thon called the Endless Summer Read-a-Thon! It's going to start tomorrow, September 2nd and go until September 7th. It was originally going to be co-hosted with the lovely Ava, but as she has decided not to blog anymore, it'll just be me. You can sign up on the post I put up yesterday! Follow the link attached to the picture below:


REVIEWED

READ
With All My Soul (Soul Screamers #7) by Rachel Vincent
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer



First, it's the first Divergent teaser trailer, which premiered at the MTV VMA's!


The other trailer that premiered was the teaser trailer for the Vampire Academy movie!


Ugh, these both look so good, and I love both of these series! So excited for 2014 :)

The Fairest of Them All by Carolyn Turgeon 

What if Rapunzel was Snow White’s evil stepmother?

From the author of Godmother and MermaidThe Fairest of Them All explores what happens when fairy tale heroines grow up and don’t live happily ever after.

Living in an enchanted forest, Rapunzel spends her days tending a mystical garden with her adoptive mother, Mathena. A witch, Mathena was banished from court because of her magic powers, though the women from the kingdom still seek her advice and herbal remedies. She waits, biding her time to exact revenge against those who betrayed her.

One day Rapunzel’s beautiful voice and long golden locks captivate a young prince hunting in the forest nearby. Overcome, he climbs her hair up to her chamber and they fall into each other’s arms. But their afternoon of passion is fleeting, and the prince must return to his kingdom, as he is betrothed to another.

Now king, he marries his intended to bring peace to his kingdom. They have a stunning daughter named Snow White. Yet the king is haunted by his memories of Rapunzel, and after the mysterious death of his wife, realizes he is free to marry the woman he never stopped longing for. In hopes of also replacing the mother of his beloved daughter, the king makes Rapunzel his queen.

But when Mathena’s wedding gift of an ancient mirror begins speaking to her, Rapunzel falls under its evil spell, and the king begins to realize that Rapunzel is not the beautiful, kind woman he dreamed of.

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer

Rapunzel's tower is a satellite. She can't let down her hair - or her guard.

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. 

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker – unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. 

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.


Dante Walker from The Liberator (Dante Walker #2) by Victoria Scott

Bad boy, meet bad girl.

Dante has a shiny new cuff wrapped around his ankle, and he doesn't like that mess one bit. His new accessory comes straight from Big Guy himself and marks the former demon as a liberator. Despite his gritty past and bad boy ways, Dante Walker has been granted a second chance.

When Dante is given his first mission as a liberator to save the soul of seventeen-year-old Aspen, he knows he’s got this. But Aspen reminds him of the rebellious life he used to live and is making it difficult to resist sinful temptations. Though Dante is committed to living clean for his girlfriend Charlie, this dude’s been a playboy for far too long…and old demons die hard. 

With Charlie becoming the girl she was never able to be pre-makeover and Aspen showing him how delicious it feels to embrace his inner beast, Dante will have to go somewhere he never thought he’d return to in order to accomplish the impossible: save the girl he’s been assigned to, and keep the girl he loves.


1 comment:

  1. I can't even believe that you post as much as you do while in college, crazy woman. I don't think I am going to see you before you go back to school. :( Let me know what book events you are going to this fall and hopefully we will cross paths.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.