Thursday, August 1, 2013

July Wrap-Up


This last month has been scarce in regards to book-reading, and I'm sorry for that. I'm reading a book now that I thought I was excited for, but everything's pretty much solved in the series and I feel like this book is all about getting vengeance for something I don't care about anymore. So I'm going to push through that one, read a couple books for blog tours and then move onto Cress! Luckily, Thuy from Nite Lite Book Reviews got an ARC of it ComicCon and she's letting me borrow it! Speaking of Cress, I give you the cover for it later in this post!

I also started a new job this month! I'm an editorial intern at a textbook publishing company called SAGE, and I'm very excited to be there. Everyone is super nice and I feel really welcome. This has also given me less time for reading, but I'm happy to be working for them and saving up money to go to Europe next summer! I've been working on my book, polishing what I have written so far and adding extra parts to certain scenes. I'm very lose to 40,000 words at this point so we'll see how much I can get done by the time the summer ends.

The final thing that has to do with the blog is that it was my two-year blogoversary!!!!!! I know, I never thought I'd be able to keep this blog going for two years, and without taking a break. If you want to know what I said that day and enter a giveaway, just click on the icon below!


And finally, I reached 100,000 page views!! I know, so much excitement. Thank you to everyone who follows my blog one way or another.

Fang Girl by Helen Keeble
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter #3) by J.K. Rowling

*a lot of the books I reviewed last month were also read last month, so I don't feel too bad.




Summer of YA at Barnes & Noble Book Fair, featuring Jessica Brody, Stacey Jay, Gretchen McNeil, Kathy McCullough, Lissa Price, Elizabeth Ross, Sarah Skilton, Andrew Smith, Ann Stampler, Carol Tanzman, and Allen Zadoff

So I'm going to show you some new covers, and then other covers that came out that I already posted about.
NEW COVERS

PREVIOUSLY POSTED


Sean looked out over the lake, squinting against the sunlight. He turned to me, his expression sobering as his eyes flicked over my face in a silent study.

“Come on Amy, I saved you once, I’ll save you again.”
I met his stare unflinchingly. “I don’t need saving.”
A wicked grin formed slowly. “Don’t you?”


After a rebellious summer night that almost claimed her life, Amy Henderson – the Onslow publican’s only daughter – is sent away to suffer a fate far worse than any other punishment:

Boarding School.

Three years on, a now nineteen-year-old Amy returns to Onslow for the summer. What once was a cauldron of activity with live bands, hot meals and cold beers, the Onslow Hotel now lies dark, deserted and depressing. All fond childhood memories of loitering on the hotel stairs and eavesdropping on customers’ colourful conversations are in the distant past.

How had her dad let it come to this?

With the new threat of putting the Onslow up for sale, Amy reluctantly turns to a local tradesman for help: Sean Murphy, the very same Onslow boy who saved her life all those years ago. With his help and that of some old friends, the task is clear: spend the summer building the hotel back up to its former glory or lose it for good.

In an endless summer, Amy soon realises that sometimes in order to save your future, you have to face your past, even if it’s in the form of a smug, gorgeous Onslow boy.


Following an all-out battle with the walking Dead, the Spirit Hunters have fled Philadelphia, leaving Eleanor alone to cope with the devastating aftermath. But there’s more trouble ahead—the evil necromancer Marcus has returned, and his diabolical advances have Eleanor escaping to Paris to seek the help of Joseph, Jie, and the infuriatingly handsome Daniel once again. When she arrives, however, she finds a whole new darkness lurking in this City of Light. As harrowing events unfold, Eleanor is forced to make a deadly decision that will mean life or death for everyone.











Twenty-one year-old Jillian Nichols only has one rule when it comes to boys: catch and release. Boy-catching isn't just a game for Jillian and her friends, it's a lifestyle. After all, boys might be good for a dance or a drink and certainly a little under-cover action of the scandalous variety, but expect much else and you're bound for heart ache.

So when her best friends and fellow boy catchers start dropping like flies junior year, Jillian is determined to keep boys in her bedroom and out of her heart. Until she meets Liam McAvoy, the kind of guy that sticks around to make waffles and who can't—or perhaps won't—take a hint. 

Study abroad student Liam doesn't want to be another notch on Jillian's bedpost. Actually he has much more interesting ideas for Jillian and her bedposts, but his student visa's set expiration date means he can't promise her forever. That doesn't mean he's going to walk away from the challenge of discovering why Jillian is hell-bent at keeping people at a distance. 

Before long, neither is sure who is catching who—or if they're playing for keeps. Jillian knows one thing though: falling in love will not only break the only rule of boy-catching, it could also break her heart.


1 comment:

  1. i think you had a pretty eventful month even though you said you didn't read much. i feel like i am behind in everything lately. but still reading, albeit slowly. good to see you last weekend, nicole. let's try to hang out before school starts.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.