Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A to Z Bookish Survey!


This is something I just found, and it was created by The Perpetual Page-Turner! This was super fun!

Author you’ve read the most books from:

Cassandra Clare and Richelle Mead are tied. Technically, Lemony Snicket and Shakespeare are before them, but I'm only counting current YA authors...

Best Sequel Ever:
Crown of Embers by Rae Carson. I loved LOVED Girl of Fire and Thorns, but Crown of Embers was even better! Maybe it was because it didn't break my heart as much. 

Currently Reading:

The Liberator (Dante Walker #2) by Victoria Scott! It's for a blog tour and I should have finished it by now, but I've been pretty busy lately.

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Definitely tea! Coffee doesn't always agree with me, and tea is much more calming.

E-reader or Physical Book?

This is hard because I love physical books with all my heart. I can pick up each individual book and stroke it and flip through the pages. But I get a lot of my review books as e-books and there are a lot of free books for Kindle and it's really hard to pass that up. Still, I'd choose a physical book any day.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

I'd like to think that I would have dated Jace in high school mostly because I fell in love with him in high school, but Jace needs a very particular girl (that girl being Clary) to break him out of his hard shell and I would not have had the confidence nor the artistic skill to do that in high school. I always wanted to date a foreign guy, so I'm going to say Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss because of the British accent and the fact that he's super sweet. It might be enough to help me get over the height difference between us...

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I HATED the cover, but I decided to give it a chance, and it turned out to be one of my favorite series.

Hidden Gem Book:

Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

I've had a few moments that have really impacted by reading life. The first was reading the Harry Potter series. That was the first step to get me into reading, and then it was Twilight, and finally The Mortal Instruments that gave me that final push into the crazy pool that is YA!

Just Finished:

The Fairest of Them All by Carolyn Turgeon

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

No erotica or smutty romance. I've honestly tried to read passages in bookstores, and even though I'm a mature 22, I still laugh at some of descriptions. I also don't read a lot of adult. It has to be an author that has transitioned from YA to adult and I love their writing, like Richelle Mead or J.K. Rowling.

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It's kind of crazy that this is actually the longest book of the series.

Major book hangover because of:

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. I read it in a day and literally wanted to reread it as soon as I'd turned the last page. I didn't get over that one for a while.

Number of Bookcases You Own:

3. They're really overflowing though. I have all the books neatly stacked inside and then books in front of those. I need a library SO BAD!

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. Just love this book and this series!

Preferred Place To Read:
On the couch or in bed. If I'm reading something I want people to know about, I read at a bookstore coffee shop or something, but otherwise, I kind of keep to myself when it comes to reading.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

"Sarcasm is the last refuge of the imaginatively bankrupt." ~ City of Bones
This has always stuck with me because I am sarcastic ALL the time. And whenever I'm thinking of something to say in my own novel, this reminds me that, while sarcasm has its place, there are also time when a more heartfelt line is needed.

Reading Regret:

It's a big regret that there are some series out there that I just haven't finished even though I enjoyed the first or first and second book. They are:
Requiem (final book in the Delirium series by Lauren Oliver)
Fever and Sever (the second and third books in the Chemical Garden trilogy by Lauren DeStefano)
Last Rite (final book in the Personal Demons series by Lisa Desrochers)
Shades of Earth (final book in the Across the Universe trilogy by Beth Revis)

Luckily, I can try to remedy this regret slowly...


Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):
Hahaha umm read above!


Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
All the Harry Potter books, all books by Cassandra Clare, Twilight

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Tahereh Mafi! But I will no longer be her fangirl if she disappoints me in the final book of her series. She's also one of the coolest people I've ever met and she just got engaged!

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout! I need this book NOOOOWWWW!

Also, Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi, Allegiant by Veronica Roth and The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead.

Worst Bookish Habit:

It's more like a reading-writing habit. Sometimes, when I get inspired to write, I won't read for some time and only sparsely. It annoys even me.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson!

Your latest book purchase:

City of Bones paperback movie tie-in edition. This was to get signed at the mall tour event I went to yesterday!

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

I wish I could remember, but I want to say Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. That book is cray!


1 comment:

  1. i'll bring you over to the smutty side one day, nicole! muahahaha. :)

    i still need to finish city of bones and start girl of fire and thorns. *hides*

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.