Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sequel Saturday (2)

What is Sequel Saturday, you may ask? Well, in truth, I'm not sure yet. But I'm pretty much going to be very broad with this feature and so anything that is a sequel to something is game, whether it's a sequel to a book or a movie I'm excited or thought was terrible or any number of emotions. This won't substitute for reviews or anything, but I think it's good to talk about sequels and the love-hate relationship we all have with them. Enjoy!

The first week I did this, I talked about sequels that were terrible compared to their predecessors. Now, I'm going to feature sequels that were way better than the first books.



3 comments:

  1. I totally agree that Scarlet is better than Cinder, though I still liked Cinder, but I thought the Iron Daughter was disappointing after the first book. That didn't stop me from devouring the entire series though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, you thought Hallowed was better than Unearthly and The Goddess Interrupted was better than The Goddess Test? I personally liked the first books more, probably why I haven't read any of those third books yet. As for Wings it was just a so so book for me, I'm excited the series gets better with Spells. I've read Cinder and heard EVERYONE agreeing Scarlet was the better story. I'm excited to read that one soon. Fun Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg scarlet was freakin' awesome! better than cinder and i loved cinder. i am super crossing fingers that i can manage to get an arc at sdcc this weekend. i'll let you know if i do. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.