Monday, July 1, 2013

June Wrap-Up

So this month was the end of my last quarter for the year at UCSB. Moving out was a chore and I actually just had a nightmare about it last night, but my parents came up to help me pack stuff up to take back home and clean. Sadly, my dad left all of my hangers somewhere in the apartment, but I've made due. I'm very excited to be a senior, especially since I've already been talking with my parents and my boyfriend about a Europe trip. The only places outside the US I've been to are Canada (which doesn't really count since it's still in North America) and Australia. So I'm really excited to see the places of my two family heritages (Ireland and Italy) and everywhere else. I'll have to come up with a good packing strategy though! Sadly, this means that I can't go to ALA in Las Vegas liked I'd planned with my blogging besties, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find a way to the one in San Francisco in 2015.

If you saw my last book haul post (which I just changed the name this month to My Poisonous Book Haul), you know that I am not the proud owner of a full set of Harry Potter UK editions! They're so pretty and I have set them by my bedside in a totally non-creepy way. And they're really cool because they have the actual British slang that she used in them, and while I wouldn't have appreciated it as a kid, I've learned a few things that I didn't know before because of it. These books just keep teaching me new and exciting things!

I also might have some job news soon. But no promises!

REVIEWED

READ
Dead Silence (The Body Finder #4) by Kimberly Derting
A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful #2) by Suzanne Young
Dirty Little Secrets by Jennifer Echols
Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (Jessica #1) by Beth Fantaskey

Richelle Mead at the Barnes & Noble in Santa Monica

Leigh Bardugo & Robin LaFevers at Mysterious Galaxy in Redondo Beach



Elise is a normal seventeen-year-old girl until the day she wakes up in a desert park, with no idea who she is. 

After that episode, her life takes a bizarre turn. She’s experiencing unexpected flashes of insight into people’s lives—people she’s never met before. Strangers frighten her with warnings about the approaching Shadows. And although Elise has never had a boyfriend, she suddenly finds herself torn between two handsome but very different young men: Abe, the charming bad boy whose effect on her both seduces and frightens her, and the mysterious Harlin, who’s new to town but with whom Elise feels an urgent, elemental connection—almost as if they are soul mates.

Now Elise begins to question everything about her life. Why do these guys both want her so desperately? What are the Shadows? Why does the name Charlotte inspire a terrifying familiarity? And who is Elise, really?


Violet thought she’d made peace with her unique ability to sense the echoes of the dead and the imprints that cling to their killers…that is until she acquired an imprint of her own. Forced to carry a reminder of the horrible events of her kidnapping, Violet is more determined than ever to lead a normal life. However, the people who run the special investigative team Violet works for have no intention of letting her go.

When someone close to Violet becomes a suspect in a horrific murder, she finds herself pulled into a deadly hunt for a madman with an army of devoted followers. Violet has survived dangerous situations before, but she quickly discovers that protecting those closest to her is far more difficult than protecting herself.


The undead can really screw up your senior year ... 

Marrying a vampire definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica Packwood’s senior year “get-a-life” plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth—and he’s her long-lost fiancĂ©. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war—and save Lucius’s soul from eternal destruction.





2 comments:

  1. Lucius... swoon! I need to listen to JGtDotDS again soon. <3

    I hope you get a chance to read and relax before school starts again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have an awesome trip planned. And I would so have loved to meet Robin LaFevers and Leigh Bardugo.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.