Wednesday, July 31, 2013

[UPDATED] Harry Potter Wednesday (5)

This is an exciting new feature where I'm going to talk anything and everything Harry Potter, including the books, movies, and other propaganda. This was brought on by my obsession with the series, and I know there are those of you out there who are just as obsessed if not more obsessed than I am.
These posts will have spoilers. There's really no reason you shouldn't know everything that's gone on in all 7 books/movies, but I still feel obligated to inform you that I'm going to hold nothing back.

Well, I'm still on the very beginning of book 4, but I hope to read through it when I go on vacation. Luckily, another two new covers have come out of the 15th anniversary editions. Here are the new covers for Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince:

UPDATE

It turns out that the final cover came out today and much more! So I've reworked the collages to include the new covers:
And here are all the covers together:


Eeeeeep I'm so excited for these, I cannot wait to own this gorgeous artwork!

[And I've heard that all the spines put in a row create a whole new scene, so I can't wait to see what that looks like!] Turns out, I heard right! The spines create an amazing scene when they're lined up. Check it out:
OMG guys!!!! I am totally fangirling right now!!!!!!!!! But there's more. Here's the artwork for the box that it comes in:
All kinds of gorgeous. I think I'll go preorder this, like right now!


FUN FACTS FROM BOOK 3
  • Cedric Diggory was the Seeker for Hufflepuff. Even then, he was a heart breaker.
  • Cho Change was the Seeker for Ravenclaw. If that doesn't set up the love triangle, I don't know what else will.
  • The Shrieking Shack and the Whomping Willow both were built to keep Lupin away when he turned into a werewolf. 

A PERSONAL TOUCH
  • I remember how afraid I was for Harry when it turned out that Sirius Black was after him. 
  • I really liked how they made the time-turning more important in the movies. In the book, Rowling barely gave it much thought, but that's something that made this book really unique and so I'm glad the movie paid more attention to it.

What do you think of the two new covers? Let me know in the comments!




2 comments:

  1. I am absolutely in love with the entire set of new covers so far (and I know I'll like the last one too)! I cannot wait to own these. I hadn't heard that the spines together would create a whole new scene, but that would be amazing. I NEED to own these now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to get this new set!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.