Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautitful #2) by Suzanne Young: review


Goodreads rating: 4.05
ARC, 282 pages
Published June 26th 2012 by Balzer + Bray
Series: A Need So Beautiful #2
Genre: YA paranormal romance
Source: Won, signed

Elise is a normal seventeen-year-old girl until the day she wakes up in a desert park, with no idea who she is. 

After that episode, her life takes a bizarre turn. She’s experiencing unexpected flashes of insight into people’s lives—people she’s never met before. Strangers frighten her with warnings about the approaching Shadows. And although Elise has never had a boyfriend, she suddenly finds herself torn between two handsome but very different young men: Abe, the charming bad boy whose effect on her both seduces and frightens her, and the mysterious Harlin, who’s new to town but with whom Elise feels an urgent, elemental connection—almost as if they are soul mates.

Now Elise begins to question everything about her life. Why do these guys both want her so desperately? What are the Shadows? Why does the name Charlotte inspire a terrifying familiarity? And who is Elise, really?


Spoilers from book 1!

It's funny, I never put this series in the context of angel books, mostly because no one has wings and god isn't really mentioned. That's what makes this series so unique though. I fell in love with the first book, A Need So Beautiful. With the way that one ended though with Charlotte basically dying, leaving the sexy Harlin behind, I didn't see how the series could continue. But we come on Charlotte's soul in a new body. And that body is named Elise. The book starts with Elise waking up in the middle of a desert park with no idea who she is. She remembers her life as Elise, but she's also getting strange flashes of something else in her memory, things she knows don't belong to her but that she feels a strange connection with. It's very rare that an author can bring a sense of mystery to a second book in a series, but Young does this very well. When Elise begins to realize that there's something weird going on with her, she's going to need all the help she can get. She can't even imagine the truth, though, and it becomes much more difficult when she becomes torn between to very hot boys.

Well, I never liked Abe. And it wasn't just because I was waiting for Harlin, although that was definitely the biggest reason. His personality was jut weird. While he was trying to be sarcastic and charming, he just came off as a total jerk. But I guess I'm a little biased considering that Harlin is the whole package and I knew this other guy couldn't mess up a love like theirs. But there's a lot more to Abe than meets the eye. Not only that, but someone from Charlotte's past is still out to get her. AND she's still destined to be a Forgotten again. Apparently, no Forgotten soul has ever been given a new body. They do their good deeds through the Need and then they get so bright they go back up to heaven and stay there. But not this time. This book was darker than the first one, and there was a different element because now Elise has a sister. And something is wrong with her as well, but it's definitely not what Elise is expecting. At one point, her sister is too far deep to turn back.

I wish I had more of a review to write for this book, but it's so short and there's so much I can't tell you. But I'm so glad I finally picked up this sequel and I can't wait to read more of Young's books.

Readers of the first book obviously! And people look for a great and different angel read.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.