Saturday, July 13, 2013

15 Day Blogger Challenge~Day 6


Today is all about how I shop for books. I shop for books two different ways...
  • Online book shopping: So when I go online for books, I don't search around much except for the price. The truth is (and I hate to admit this), I buy a lot of my books online at Amazon. I just can't afford hardcovers at retail price. Usually when I do the actual shopping on Amazon, I go for the free ebooks and it actually turns me on to a lot of new titles and authors.
  • In-store book shopping: This is where I'll buy my paperbacks, mostly because I can afford paperbacks and when you buy paperbacks online they're usually no less than the ones in the store. Also, when I go to the bookstore, I know nearly every book on the shelf, so it's more about deciding which ones I really want over the other choices.
Now, if shopping for books means how do I choose which books sound good, then that's a different story. Like I said above, I pretty much know every book on the shelves that I'm looking at, so it's more of what looks the best and what's most worth my money. Sometimes I can remember a review I just read for a book, but mostly I pull out my phone and go on the Goodreads app. There, I check the rating, and then, just to be sure, I check out some of the reviews of people I follow and trust their reviews. I talk myself out of buying books a lot, but these things help whatever decision I make.

How do you shop for books? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.