Wednesday, July 17, 2013

15 Day Blogger Challenge~Day 10

As a reminder, this is a challenge hosted by Good Books and Good Wine.

Today is asking how we choose what book to read next. Yay for more bullet points!

  • The first thing that really matters is blog tours. Those are on specific deadlines, and I know that I need to start the book at least a week before my blog tour date. Sometimes, I'll be trying to finish a book before a blog tour, and sometimes I even plan on reading one more book before the blog tour book. But then life gets in the way.
  • My choice of genre is very narrow. I only really read young adult and the few times I do read new adult, it's mostly for blog tours. I actually have books that I will read once I decide to start branching out or  just feel like reading a more mature book, but for now, young adult really is my genre.
  • Books that I'm really excited for get priority after blog tour books. There are certain books that I just bought that I am absolutely dying to read and so I know that they're going to be good and that I'l probably read them fast enough to get to the blog tour book in time.
  • I gruel over reviews for books if I'm certain I really want to read it next. A lot of times, sequels to books are no-brainers because I'm already really excited to read it and I don't need to read any reviews to find that out.


How do you choose what book to read next? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.