Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Beach Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Well, it's almost that time again (for most people, it already is, but I'm on the quarter system and still have a couple more finals to turn in). It's time to go to the beach and tan, eat ice cream, play outdoors, and just enjoy the sun! But what's better than being at the beach, tanning? Tanning at the beach while reading a great book! I know it doesn't seem like it with the theme of my blog, but I love going out into the sun during the summer and reading a book. And the waves at the beach really lull you into the world of the book. So here are some books that I recommend for summer (in no particular order):
Some of these don't involve the beach or summer at all, and some of them tackle very serious issues, but these were the books that popped into my head when I thought beach reads. I also think any of the classics are beach reads, especially ones like Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice. For my beach reads, I might try my hand at some well-known adult books and possibly even Lord of the Rings! But that's after I finish off my re-read of the Harry Potter books, of course.

What are your go-to beach reads? Let me know in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. I really need to read Anna and the French Kiss, something by Sarah Ockler and something by Dessen! I know, I am a failure for having not read any of these things. Maybe this summer is the perfect time to get started with all of these things. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha anything by Sarah Dessen.

    I agree!

    I seriously need to read Obsidian and Twenty Boy Summer like now. I can't believe I've been putting them off!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read all of these, but the one I've read is Anna and the French Kiss! I have Obsidian too--no excuses there. Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list! Forgive My Fins made my list too! I've heard great things about a lot of these books! I guess I need to check them out! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww some really great book choices here! I should definitely read more 'light' books.
    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.