Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Well, it's almost that time again (for most people, it already is, but I'm on the quarter system and still have a couple more finals to turn in). It's time to go to the beach and tan, eat ice cream, play outdoors, and just enjoy the sun! But what's better than being at the beach, tanning? Tanning at the beach while reading a great book! I know it doesn't seem like it with the theme of my blog, but I love going out into the sun during the summer and reading a book. And the waves at the beach really lull you into the world of the book. So here are some books that I recommend for summer (in no particular order):
- The Boys of Summer by CJ Duggan
- The Kiss Off (The Kiss Off #1) by Sarah Billington
- Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Forgive My Fins (Fins #1) by Tera Lynn Childs
- Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss #1) by Stephanie Perkins
- Sea by Heidi R. Kling
- Stolen by Lucy Christopher
- Endless Summer (The Boys Next Door #1-2) by Jennifer Echols
- Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
- Anything by Sarah Dessen
Some of these don't involve the beach or summer at all, and some of them tackle very serious issues, but these were the books that popped into my head when I thought beach reads. I also think any of the classics are beach reads, especially ones like Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice. For my beach reads, I might try my hand at some well-known adult books and possibly even Lord of the Rings! But that's after I finish off my re-read of the Harry Potter books, of course.
What are your go-to beach reads? Let me know in the comments!