Saturday, June 29, 2013

Sequel Saturday (1)

What is Sequel Saturday, you may ask? Well, in truth, I'm not sure yet. But I'm pretty much going to be very broad with this feature and so anything that is a sequel to something is game, whether it's a sequel to a book or a movie I'm excited or thought was terrible or any number of emotions. This won't substitute for reviews or anything, but I think it's good to talk about sequels and the love-hate relationship we all have with them. Enjoy!

So sequels. What are they? Well, a lot of times, especially when it comes to books, they're fillers. Plain and simple, and it drives me crazy! And I know I'm not the only one. Below, I'm going to list some books that had great debuts, but the sequel fell hard.


The next time I do this feature, I'll talk about sequels that were just as good if not better than the first book.

What did you think of these sequels? Let me know in the comments!



1 comment:

  1. I've read a couple of these, and I have to agree! Some books just really fall into the sequel trap. I'm excited to see which sequels you think worked well!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.