Saturday, May 18, 2013

Clean Sweep ARC Mini Challenge! ~ Lucky 13

Hey guys! So I've been doing a terrible job on my reading this month. I blame school, my own book, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. All legitimate reasons for not reading, but I still feel guilty. But to make it up to you, I'm hosting a mini-challenge as part of the Clean Sweep ARC Challenge! This one is called Lucky 13. Basically, you go to the thirteenth page of whatever book you're reading right now, go to the thirteenth line, and find the coolest word in that sentence. Since I'm giving away two books of the winner's choice from my giveaway pile (which just got an awesome addition!), leave that exciting word in the comments with your e-mail and I'll pick a winner in a week.

  • Must be 13 years of age or older to enter
  • Ends 5/25
  • One word per person
  • US ONLY

My word is from Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo, and the word is Grisha. I think this is the word that shows up the most in the book besides the basic words.

How are you doing on your review pile? Don't forget to answer the question to win some books!


12 comments:

  1. I'm doing ok with the reading so far, but I still haven't reviewed anything, I'll do that soon :)

    My word is GROWL ;) from Hot Blooded by Amanda Carlson - my current ARC Sweep read.

    Don't enter me, since I'm international, I just thought it will be fun doing the challenge, so thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My review pile is getting smaller. I've sworn off requesting books because I want to spend the later half of the year reading some of the great books I've already added to my TBR but haven't had time to get to yet. I think my review stack is down to less than 5 books now.

    My word is MERCURY; from The Flame of Olympus by Kate O'Hearn. MERCURY is a messenger, also know more familiarly as Hermes.

    Great contest, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice challenge, thanks so much for hosting Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best I've got on the 13th line of the 13th page of The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow by Rita Leganski is...kiss.

    This was fun, thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not reading any books that have AMAZING words LOL

    I chose mine from Distraction by Tess Oliver and my word "Nonni".

    Thanks for the challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading Prodigy by Marie Lu and my word is quell.

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished reading Sealed with a Curse. I am currently reading Thirst No. 5 by Christopher Pike but on the 13th page there is only like 6 lines, so I'll use my previous read. The coolest word on the 13th line of the 13th page of Sealed with a Curse is vampire! Thank you for the cool giveaway!
    email: bookworm5683(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm doing good on my review pile, I just finished two reviews on books I got from Netgalley.

    My word is dead from Notes from ghost town by Kate ellison.

    cbookaddiction@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My word is dematerializing! (Lover at Last by JR Ward).

    ostipow at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great challenge. Thanks for hosting Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm done to six books to read and review.

    My word is 'worksheet'. So interesting... (The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan)
    stacyrenee09@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.