Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April Wrap-Up


Nothing too crazy happened this month. A couple weekends ago I went back home in order to go to the LA Times Festival of Books. I mostly went to see my awesome blogging friends and to say hi to authors I already know, but I got a few books signed and Cassandra Clare was there! Check out what books I got signed there HERE! I plan on going to a signing this month featuring Kimberly Derting (who literally never comes out to SoCal!), Suzanne Young, Shannon Messenger, Sarah Ockler, Jessi Kirby and Morgan Matson! It should be an epic event.

I also got to do something really cool this month that is completely non-book-related. My school won a pre-screening to a movie called This Is The End (check out the awesome trailer HERE), which comes out in June. Not only that, but Seth Rogan, Danny McBride, and Craig Robinson came to sign stuff at the school (there was no way I was waiting in line for that). I was lucky enough to score tickets to the second earliest screening time, so my boyfriend and I took a bus over to the local movie theater. Not only were the movie passes free, but they also gave us a free medium popcorn and a free medium drink (which costs at least twelve bucks)! They took our phones (no recording devices), which would have been fine if I'd had a watch because they let us in like an hour early. But the best part is that right before it started, the three actors that had been signing stuff earlier came in and were like, "Let's watch the movie with these fine people!" And they stayed the entire time, which was beyond epic. The movie was hilarious in typical Pineapple Express fashion. Afterwards, we did a Q&A with the three of them and then we had to wait in line to get our phones back. But needless to say, it was AWESOME!! If you like these types of movies, you should definitely go see this when it comes out in June!

Also, I put up a post about this and mentioned it in last month's wrap-up, but if you haven't done it yet, please follow me via Bloglovin'. GFC is going away sometime soon and when that happens you won't be able to read my titillating posts! Okay, maybe not so titillating... but anyway, here's the link again so you can follow me!


REVIEWED

READ
Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks #1) by Miranda Kenneally
Unbreakable (Unraveling #2) by Elizabeth Norris
Seraphina (Seraphina #1) by Rachel Hartman
Taken (Taken #1) by Erin Bowman
Crash (Crash #1) by Nicole Williams
The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns #3) by Rae Carson
Apollyon (Covenant #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Ward by Jordana Frankel

COMPLETED
And So It Begins Reading Challenge
Ebook Challenge
The Vampires & Angels and Demons parts of the Immortal Reading Challenge
New Authors Reading Challenge

I just had to put this in here because I'm so flippin' excited for this movie!




The epic and deeply satisfying conclusion to Rae Carson's Fire and Thorns trilogy. The seventeen-year-old sorcerer-queen will travel into the unknown realm of the enemy to win back her true love, save her country, and uncover the final secrets of her destiny.

"Carson joins the ranks of writers like Kristin Cashore, Megan Whalen Turner, and Tamora Pierce as one of YA's best writers of high fantasy."-Locus magazine

Elisa is a fugitive in her own country. Her enemies have stolen the man she loves in order to lure her to the gate of darkness. As she and her daring companions take one last quest into unknown enemy territory to save Hector, Elisa will face hardships she's never imagined. And she will discover secrets about herself and her world that could change the course of history. She must rise up as champion-a champion to those who have hated her most. Riveting, surprising, and achingly romantic, Rae Carson has spun a bold and powerful conclusion to her extraordinary trilogy.



There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends…and he’s gone.

They call it the Heist.

Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive.

Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side?



Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.


How was your April? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. So awesome you're going to a book signing with Shannon Messenger. I follow her blog and am a blogger friend of hers. I'd love to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh yes Aiden! That is one unbelievably attractive man. I was swooning over him that entire book!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.