Saturday, April 13, 2013

Wait For You (Wait For You #1) by J. Lynn: review

Goodreads rating: 4.34
ebook, 332 pages
Published February 26th 2013 by J. Lynn
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Source: Bought

Some things are worth waiting for…
Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…
Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…
But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she’s has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for…


Words cannot express how much I love Jennifer L. Armentrout. Everything of hers that I've read, I've totally fell in love with. I actually haven't read any of her adult stuff, but since she gets pretty sexy in her YA series, I could only imagine how she was going to step it up for Wait For You. She writes some of the best characters. I never feel like I'm left wanting when it comes to whether a character is more dimensional or not. It also helped that I was reading this while I was up at school, and so it made it more real for me, imagining that this sweet love story could have been happening in the next apartment. Avery has a troubled past. Something happened one night in high school that she hasn't been able to live down. Now that she's somewhere new, she's expecting to just keep to herself, go through the motions, and never telling anyone about what happened. But it's kind of hard to forget something when you start getting threatening e-mails and text messages about that night. Avery thought she was safe being so far away from home, but it's caught up with her. Luckily, she's made a couple friends and she has a very hot guy to distract her. I loved watching Avery try so hard to fix things on her own, and then come to the realization that she didn't need to because she had found people that loved her.

Ugh Cam is so hot! His name was a little awkward for me because I went out with a guy named Cam that was also tall and it didn't end well. But they have nothing in common so it didn't bother me for long. Cam comes off as a total asshat that thinks very highly of himself and is definitely experienced when it comes to sex. At first, he acted like every other guy at college does: he was a total tool. But Avery and Cam keep running into each other, and it turns out that they're living down the hall from each other. Yeah, that's going to turn out well. It turns out that Cam is really sweet and starts to really care about Avery before she even realizes it. Once they do get together, holy crap guys. I thought JLA wrote a steamy YA scene, but since this is New Adult, she brought steamy to a whole new level. He's so sweet but confident at the same time, which made him super sexy pretty much all the time. There were other moments of profound douchery from Cam, but he was there when she really needed him, even if she didn't want him anywhere near her. They really needed each other, though Avery seems to have a lot more to deal with. So while the sexy scenes were beyond sexy, they had some of the sweetest moments I've ever read. I know the "sequels" to this book are companion books, but I'm excited to see any part of Avery and especially Cam that I can get!

This was a really fun romance, and I just devoured the whole thing. I can't get enough of JLA's love stories, and this one was perfect. The fact that it was self-published didn't deter me at all. Her writing is amazing, so it really doesn't matter who publishes it. I remember reading that no one would accept the manuscript because the genre is so new that publishers don't quite know what to do with it yet. I'm glad she found a way to get it to us, because this is the best New Adult novel I've read so far, and I cannot wait to read the companion novels. They're going to be just as awesome, and I know JLA is going to write another amazing book and another really hot guy for us to fall in love with. This book didn't have many complicated layers, but that's what made it a great read. Definitely recommended for anyone wanting to start the New Adult genre and basically everyone ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.