Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tempt Me Thursday (15)

Tempt Me Thursday is a feature created here at The Reader's Antidote, and it's basically like Teaser Tuesday on sexy YA steroids and then a synopsis of my current read.

This teaser is from Taken by Erin Bowman. I'm about halfway through and I've heard there's a long triangle, but I haven't gotten to it yet. My current read is also Taken, so you can find out what it's about!

Feeling so strongly about someone your own age is nothing but foolish; the Heist shatters all relationships, regardless of their strength. It won't ruin us, though, not when [SPOILERS].
"Gray?" Emma is still waiting for my answer. She looks so pretty, even with her hair growing wild in the humidity. I can't stay mad at her. Not here, not when there's no guarantee we'll both make it. I want to tell her the truth, to speak that word, but it feels clumsy on my tongue.
"I'm sorry," I say, "for yelling."
She nods. And then I'm kissing her, because it's easier than forming words. Her lips taste like rain, and I want her closer, even though I want her far away, safe [SPOILERS]. When we finally break apart, the storm is faltering.
[e-ARC, page 68]

Sorry for all the spoiler areas, but I liked this quote and I also didn't want to spoil anything.

There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends…and he’s gone.

They call it the Heist.

Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive.

Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side?

What's tempting you this Thursday? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.