Monday, April 1, 2013

March Wrap-Up

Hey guys! So I've had a pretty awesome March, except for one thing. That one thing happened when I was on my way to a signing for Cassandra Clare and got in a little fender bender. Luckily, there was barely any damage to the other person's car and nothing major wrong with mine. The awesome stuff includes a book event with Stephanie Meyer, Jake Abel (who plays an amazing Ian in The Host), Max Irons and Diane Kruger; good grades; and a trip to Florida for spring break where I went to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!!! This is the second time I've been there, but it was just as amazing as the first! I plan on either incorporating my experience into my IMM video later this week or doing a separate video. I haven't decided yet. But it was so epic you guys. If you ever get a chance to go, do it, and buy everything you can. You'll regret not buying the things you really wanted. Also, they have like real Butterbeer and pumpkin juice and both are some of the most delicious drinks I've ever had. Sorry, I'm totally fangirling right now, but wait until you see what I got there!

Also, shameless promotion:

As the final thing, you may have seen my post about the Google Reader completely going away, and therefore making GFC (Google Friend Connect on the sidebar) obsolete. This sort of happened with non-Blogger blogs a year or so ago, and so people had to find new ways to either follow their favorite blogs, or find a way for people to follow their own blog. Or both. Well, now there's this app called Bloglovin. My blog is signed up for it and it's where I'll be having you guys follow me from now on. I will keep the GFC widget up there as long as they allow me, as well as the Networked Blogs. But signing up for Bloglovin is really easy, and they even have an app for your phone (not sure if it's only for the iPhone or not). I'd really appreciate it if you could also start following me there, because as soon as Google Reader deactivates, you'll have no way of checking out my awesome posts!

REVIEWED

READ
Rise (Eve #3) by Anna Carey
Goddess (Starcrossed #3) by Josephine Angelini
Wait For You (Wait For You #1) by J. Lynn
If I Should Die (Revenants #3) by Amy Plum
The Collector (Dante Walker #1) by Victoria Scott
The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3) by Richelle Mead
The Host by Stephanie Meyer (re-read before seeing the movie)
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare
Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks #1) by Miranda Kenneally

Mindee Arnett, author of The Nightmare Affair
Interview HERE.



The Host tour with Stephanie Meyer, Jake Abel, Diane Kruger, and Max Irons!

I've been doing really well on my reading challenges. Almost every book I read now goes towards one of my reading challenges. I just wanted to let you guys know which ones I've completed. You can find my entire stack of challenges HERE.

COMPLETED:
The Vampires & Angels and Demons parts of the Immortal Reading Challenge


Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy? Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.

A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.








Thoughts: While this book broke my heart and I'm still not satisfied with the ending, I can't deny its awesomeness. Clare's writing and storytelling ability is phenomenal!


I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It shouldn’t be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he’s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

After what we’ve already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying—to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others—so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?





Thoughts: I didn't just pick this one for its gorgeous cover. I also picked it because the ending to this series was perfect and I love these books. It's another highly underrated series, and I seriously suggest picking it up.


In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, the Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood.



Thoughts: How could I not pick Adrian as my fictional boyfriend? I must admit that Will from Clockwork Princess was a close second, but that was my book of the month, so I had to give Adrian some love. This boy... he is just... *swoon*

How was your March? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. oh adrian! sigh. sorry about the accident but glad that there was no serious damage to person or body. i totally want to hear about hp world. one day i shall make it there. hope to see you sometime this month, nicole!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.