Friday, March 29, 2013

So, Google Reader Strikes Again, But This Thing Called Bloglovin is Stepping In!

Yes, I did make that rhyme, and no I am not lame... Maybe a little...

You've probably been seeing a lot of these posts lately. It turns out that when the GFC (Google Friend Connect) was unable to be published on blogs that were ones other than blogspot, what they really meant is that eventually the whole concept of the Google Reader is not going to exist anymore. I'd say the only bad thing about this whole situation is that we will lose all our GFC followers, and you know how much us bloggers love to see our follower count go up. But because of the Google Reader disappearing, we're losing all of those followers. Not only that, but we're losing the blogs that our own Google Readers have. Luckily, there's Bloglovin.

The good thing about Bloglovin is that you can follow any blog. It's not like the new GFC, where you can only follow blogspot blogs. You can follow any website!

I haven't searched the site enough. But it has a Google-Reader-like thing, and I'm not sure if they have a thing like GFC where the number of followers is publishable in a widget. I shall find out! But in the meantime, we need to start the transition over to there before Google Reader no longer exists and you've lost the list of all those great blogs you follow (hopefully mine is included but hey no judging)! If you don't have a Bloglovin account, just go HERE and create one. It's super easy! And if you want to follow my blog there (which I would love!), here's the link for that:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.