Saturday, March 2, 2013

February Wrap-Up

So this is the first wrap-up post where I have my new design! I'd just like to give another shout-out to Lisseth from Read-A-Holicz. She gave me exactly what I wanted and more. Her designs are still for free, so check her out! She's super sweet and accommodating.

Luckily there has been no more bouts of random plagiarism (knocks on wood, looks around for the Drama Llama), which makes me happy because it creates all this animosity in the blogging world, and most of us are genuinely nice people.

I've been getting a lot of review books from Edelweiss, especially from Harper Collins. I'll have an In My Mailbox post up around the middle of this month, showcasing all my pretties! I'm also going to a signing on the 15th of this month, with none other than Stephanie Meyer! She's bringing with her Max Irons and Jake Abel, the hunky stars of The Host, her newest book-being-turned-into-a-movie. God knows it can't be worse than the Twilight movies! Anyway, I'm super excited for this signing, and I know that at least Thuy and Crystal are going.

On a personal note, I recently celebrated my 5-year anniversary with my boyfriend. We started dating in junior year of high school, and we go to the same college, and I couldn't be happier. And we have't broken up once, which apparently is a big deal. Anyway, he got me a green Shakespeare scarf (which I'll be showing off in my IMM video) and a very sweet picture frame. So it was definitely a good month for me.

As for my writing, I'm getting there. I still have to finish completely re-writing my book and then I'll start sending out query letters again. I'm hoping I can be finished with the book by the end of summer!

You can also still sign up for these reading challenges (and I'd love it if you would!):

REVIEWED

READ
The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis
Mind Games (Mind Games #1) by Kiersten White
Boundless (Unearthly #3) by Cynthia Hand
Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire #3) by Courtney Allison Moulton
Pure (Covenant #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Deity (Covenant #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Everbound (Everneath #2) by Brodi Ashton
I Choose You (Friends & Lovers #2) by Bethany Lopez

Interview HERE.

Dark Days tour stop at the Barnes & Noble in Huntington Beach with Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand, Tahereh Mafi, and Veronica Rossi

Breathless Reads tour stop at Mrs. Nelson's Toy and Book Shop in La Verne with Jessica Khoury, Marie Lu, Brenna Yovanoff, and Andrea Cremer

PUBLICATION DATE: January 29th, 2013

Your strength in heart and hand will fall. . . .
Ellie knows that the darkest moments are still to come, and she has everything to fight for:

She must fight for Will.
The demonic have resorted to their cruelest weapons to put Will in mortal danger, and Ellie makes an unlikely alliance to save him and to stop Lilith and Sammael, who seek to drown the world in blood and tear a hole into Heaven.

She must fight for humanity.
As the armies of Hell rise and gather for the looming End of Days, Ellie and her band of allies travel to the world’s darkest and most ancient regions in her quest to come into her full glory as the archangel Gabriel.

And Ellie must save herself.
Her humanity withers beneath the weight of her cold archangel power, but Ellie must hold tight to who she is and who she loves as she prepares for the ultimate battle for Heaven and Earth.

In this final installment in the Angelfire trilogy, Courtney Allison Moulton brings her dark world of epic battles and blistering romance to a blazing bright conclusion.

Thoughts: I am completely in love with these series, and I don't think it could have ended any better! Although, I am really sad to see Ellie and especially Will go. But I can't wait to see what this author writes next!

PUBLICATION DATE: January 22nd, 2013

Nikki Beckett could only watch as her boyfriend, Jack, sacrificed himself to save her, taking her place in the Tunnels of the Everneath for eternity — a debt that should’ve been hers. She’s living a borrowed life, and she doesn’t know what to do with the guilt. And every night Jack appears in her dreams, lost and confused and wasting away.

Desperate for answers, Nikki turns to Cole, the immortal bad boy who wants to make her his queen — and the one person least likely to help. But his heart has been touched by everything about Nikki, and he agrees to assist her in the only way he can: by taking her to the Everneath himself.

Nikki and Cole descend into the Everneath, only to discover that their journey will be more difficult than they’d anticipated — and more deadly. But Nikki vows to stop at nothing to save Jack — even if it means making an incredible sacrifice of her own.

In this enthralling sequel to Everneath, Brodi Ashton tests the bonds of destiny and explores the lengths we’ll go to for the ones we love.

Thoughts: I know dresses are kind of overdone on covers now, but I love the smokiness of it. Also, her hair looks a little crazy, I guess to how how distraught she is over Jack.

PUBLICATION DATE: November 6th , 2012

"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "

Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden. 

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome. 

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed. 

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...

Thoughts: I hated Aiden in Pure. It had the typical sequel guy syndrome where the one you want and your character wants is never there so the other guy can swoop. I just want to say that I never liked Seth. Also, Aiden is beyond sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.