Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Reader's Antidote Has a New Design! + Updates

So, if you follow me, you may have noticed that I have a new blog design. Before I get all gushy about my designer, I'm just going to tell you a few things. I've been bouncing around with a billion different headers and feature buttons, but it never felt like it was wholly mine (mostly because I used images from the internet and tried to manipulate them into something that would work). I've been to lots of blog designer's sites to see their work, but I can't afford the entire makeover that I wanted. I didn't just want a header, I wanted the whole package! But the whole package would have been way out of my price range.

Lisseth, the amazing blogger behind Read-A-Holicz, had made posts about her designs before, but honestly they weren't for me. I've always wanted a clip-art cartoon-like girl holding a book and an apple, and that just didn't seem possible. Until I saw one of her new designs for her own blog, and saw one of those girls. I immediately e-mailed her about a header, and after me being an OCD control freak and her week-long vacation in Peru, we finally got it all to perfection. I feel like, even though the header is right up there, that I need to show you again:
Lisseth is amazing and super nice and totally understanding. While she was in Peru, I literally sent her like ten e-mails coming up with new things and contradicting myself, event though I knew she couldn't read them until she came back. But I was just so excited that she was doing this for me, and it was all for FREE. Yup, that's right. She did everything you see for free! She's trying to build up her name in the designing world right now, so if you're searching for a new look, check out her blog and her designs page, and shoot her an e-mail. I'm not sure when (or if) she'll start charging, but just look at the magic she worked on my blog! Take a chance on this awesome girl! Thank you so much Lisseth!!!!!! :)

Okay, and now for some updates:

For those of you waiting on anything Angelfire-read-along-related, please be patient. I'm in college, and any free time I have is spent reading, hanging out with friends and blogging. I've already picked the winners for the Shadows in the Silence copies, and I still need to pick the gran-prize winners and the swag winners, but don't worry, I'll get on it when I get the chance.

To give you an update on my writing, I've decided to completely rework my book. It's no longer a YA paranormal romance set in modern times. It's actually a YA fantasy (still with romance of course) set in a completely different world. I'm using way more mythology and other languages, but I'm already seeing that this will be better than my original. I always felt like I was constraining myself in the modern earthly era, which was why I was originally going to take them to Iceland in the second book, where I could make it more magical. But after watching the Hobbit, I realized it would be so much better if I stuck to the basics of the story, but then just made up everything about the world. I mean, I didn't make it up exactly. Pretty much all of it is from mythology or word-meanings, but I knew I needed something fresh. Which means I actually had to outline (ugh) so that I could remember all the names and places and races of people. But it was worth it. I think it's going to be awesome guys!

What do you think of the new design? Let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. I LOOOVE the new design, very interesting and describes perfectly the entire blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very gorgeous design. I love the colors especially! I can't believe that she designs for free.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.