Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Bookish Goals of 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week we're featuring our bookish goals for 2013, which I kind of talked about in the End of the Year Survey. But here they are, a bit more organized.

1. Read what I want, when I want.
I realized, looking at some of my reviews during the summer, that I read some books that I would have never wanted to read had I not felt obligated to read and then review them. That was mostly for blog tours, but I want to be sure that I'm reading for me. I want to share my thoughts with you guys, but I want it to be books I want to read in whatever order I want. It doesn't mean that, when I get a review copy, that I'm not going to read and review it any time soon, but certain books will have higher priorities.
2. Do better on my reading challenges (AKA reach all of my goals).
In 2012, I did awesome on some challenges, and not so great on others. So I'm going to try and keep it more rounded (mostly by trying to have a lot of challenge books I read count for more than one challenge). I plan on reading the same amount on my Goodreads reading goal that I finished with last year, which was 120 books. That seems to be the limit of my reading abilities. 
3. Comment more.
I've been totally sucking at commenting, not only on other people's blogs, but to reply to comments on my own blog. I'm more of a reader than a hardcore blogger, but I'm hoping to interact more with my readers and fellow bloggers!
4. Go to more signings while I'm up at school.
This is going to be a hard one to figure out. I'm probably going to kill myself driving down from school all the way to the signings down in and past LA. But I'm hoping to get some weekend signings and I might be able to swing weekday ones. Otherwise, I'll have to ask one of my blogging buddies that's going to get my book signed.
5. Sign up for more blog tours.
I want to sign up for more blog tours with books that I'm excited for, not like earlier in 2012. I want to be a part of something, but I also don't want to be part of blog tour for a book I really don't ever want to read. So I want to participate in more blog tours, but for books I want to feature.
6. Avoid drama in the blogosphere.
2012 was a big year for drama, and I was so sad when some of my favorite bloggers left the blogosphere. I'm hoping first that it doesn't happen, and second to completely avoid it unless it directly concerns my blog or one of my dear friend's blogs. I wrote a couple posts on these things, but it's not something I want to feature here on the blog. It doesn't pertain to reading and really has nothing to do with me, unless of course it does come to my own doorstep, in which I'll have to face it.
7. Make contact with more publishers. 
I need to get on this. I enjoy getting digital review copies, but I want to reach out more to the big publishers. I can't afford all the books that I plan to buy this year, and while I've read a few of the main books from this year already, I appreciate the publishers sending me copies. I love featuring books, and it helps when I know the publisher took the time to send me a copy because they want me to read and review it.
8. Have more awesome features, like read-a-thon's, read-along's and the like.
I had so much with hosting the ALA Read-A-Thon and currently the Angelfire Read-Along. And I also participated in the Matched Read-Along. I'm hoping to do more of this in 2013. I'm even thinking of doing a read-along for the final book in the Girl of Fire and Thorns series by Rae Carson. Although, I'll probably have to find a cohost, but that makes it more fun! I'll definitely doing more of these.
9. Read more ebooks.
This includes free ebooks and especially review ebooks. I still have review books, I think, from 2011. It was at the beginning of my blog, and so I was requesting everything, which meansI probably won't get to some of those. But I plan on making a serious dent in my ebooks from Netgalley and the new one, Edelweiss. Luckily, a lot of these are part of at least one of my reading challenges.
10. Finish writing the newest version of my book.
I recently decided that the way I'd written my first YA book wasn't right, not only for the YA market out there, but it just seemed like something needed to change about it. I've added a lot more of the mythology from the original one, and it's a little more like the LOTR books in the sense of its epicness... wow that sounded like I was totally tooting my own horn lol! But it looks like the three-book series is going to be much more epic than my original idea, and I think I have more things to work with as well. I'll keep you updated!

Wow, I can't believe I thought of ten! I'm hoping that this will be an awesome year in blogging, reading, and life in general.

What are your bookish goals for 2013? Let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. I love your goals! I hope that you are able to reach all of them. My list of goals included working on finishing my challenges and including more features/projects on my blog, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great list, I kind of wish I had thought of some of them myself, although my list would have far exceeded ten then.
    I too hope to complete the story I am currently writing. I wish you luck with that, aswell as all your other goals :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout/theme/graphics! Awesome aesthetic!

    I am completely with you on reading what you want, I don't find reading fun when I'm forced to read stuff I'm not enthusiastic about (especially when I have other stuff I really WANT to read!)

    And good luck with your novel! I love when I get a really complex twist for a story, even it it means more work! And epic is definitely good!

    Lauren @ Hughes Reviews

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.